What is Your Driving Force? -Guest Blog Post
Updated on: by Jess Weaver
Shouldn’t a woman with a degree in teaching be in the classroom? Until I had my second son five months ago, all I ever wanted was to be a teacher. I was a 2010 graduate with my degree in Elementary Education and nothing was going to stand in the way of my dream! We had learned how to balance a life with three people, but now four? Our two year old is wild and rambuxtious and our newborn is so sweet and innocent- and I was going to miss every bit of that going back to work outside of the home. So this is where my journey started…
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
A few months ago I started wondering about work at home jobs. I had heard of them before but I wasn’t sure of the legitimacy and if they were real. Facebook has a search bar and I simply typed in “work at home.” Miranda’s Facebook page popped up and I started doing research from there. This blog post isn’t a plug for Miranda because frankly her wisdom speaks on its own. Instead this is the story of a mom who wanted something so badly and went after it. It was almost an addiction to wake up every morning and start applying for work at home jobs. Often times you may not hear back from a place. So the morning I heard from OnPoint, I was so thrilled! I wasn’t a 100% sure what the company was about but it sure excited me. I am currently working for them and I get so excited about the work. Honestly, this job gives me a sort of adrenaline rush that I can’t explain. Onpoint is great but it’s not permanent so I started looking around and I have found a few writing jobs. I love the term “try to have many eggs in your basket.” So right now I am in the process of hatching my eggs and building a basket.
Why did I decide to work from home? My reason is very simple, my children. I want to help financially provide for them but I also want to be there when they are sick or hurting. Working from home doesn’t make me a perfect Mom, but it does make me a DETERMINED mom. I have had to learn to balance a job that doesn’t allow for many distractions with 2 children that require every ounce of my energy. Sometimes they nap on schedule and often times they don’t. While I enjoy working from home, I have learned to balance sanity and disaster. I have a long road ahead of me but my kids make the journey all worthwhile. Props to the CEO mom bringing in 5,000 dollars a month for her children if that is what works for her. But what works for me is letting my 2 year old hug me whenever he needs it and nursing my 5 month old on demand. At the end of this life our children are going to be what matters; not money.
With that said; I have been able to make enough money to help us pay our bills and student loans. Life is good and I will continue to look for that “perfect” work at home job. For now I’m settling for several eggs in my basket, and loving every minute of it.
Interested in contributing a guest blog post to WAH Adventures? Contact Me
- My Guest Post: 4 Skills Needed for a Transcription Job
- Top Five Working-from-Home Mistakes- Guest Post Jessica Bunyard
- Are Paid Survey Sites Worth Your Time? Guest Post- Anna Thurman
- Balancing Response- Guest Poster Erica Martin
- How to Find Guest Posters for Your Blog
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!