The holidays are right around the corner and us work at home professionals need to earn some income. The sad part is that most writing work seems to be drying up. Places like Demand Studios, Merchant Circle and Textbroker are all drying up like a snail on hot cement.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
So the big question here is….where have all the writing jobs gone? The past few months have shown us nothing but less and less work. If you follow any of the work at home forums, then you know a lot of us are dealing with the same issues.
Where do you turn?
Understanding what to do next is a hard part of Freelancing. Luckily, a freelance writer has a ton of options. The biggest obstacle is figuring out which way you will turn when the content mills dry up completely. Even if these mills disappear the clients are still there.
The trick is to try and find the clients.
Don’t be afraid to try a new tactic for finding work. I am constantly trying to scope out new work. There are a few places I look everyday just to keep my feet wet. If I were to give my un-expert opinion in this matter, I would say that more of the freelance work is headed to bidding sites. Places like oDesk, Freelancer, and Guru are becoming increasingly popular. Of course, you can think outside of the box and look for your own interesting marketing techniques.
Should I give up on writing?
The easy answer would be, yes! But you and I both know that we won’t give up that easily. Textbroker is not the first content mill to go dry and it won’t be the last. Demand Studios may have been a great egg but there are others out there. What did people do before they heard about Textbroker and Demand Studios? Something big is coming soon for you, don’t worry.
In the meantime, let those content mills dry up. It’s time for you and I to take control of our writing careers or any career for that matter. Here are some things you can do while those content mills continue to frizz up like your hair on a rainy day.
- Start marketing yourself
- Build a website
- Advertise your niche
- Use email marketing
- Be bold and branch out
Remember this quote as you remember why you got into this business to begin with.
If you keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting.
- The Content Authority – Freelance Writing
- 5 Things to Know About the Freelance Writing World in 2012
- Calling All Content Mill Writers: The Content Authority is Looking for You
- 11 Online Writing Jobs for Beginners
- Writing for Constant Content
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!