Why I Was Happy with Less Than Minimum Wage
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Okay I know many came here to tell you and me that working for anything less than our worth is just not acceptable.
I understand that mindset and in most ways I agree. But sometimes four dollars an hour is better than zero dollars an hour.
The more people work for less than minimum wage, the more these companies are getting away with underpaying. However, unfortunately working online means our competition is greater than our community, greater than our country- we are competing with everyone who has internet access. If you don’t take that $3.50 an hour job, by golly there is someone in India who will snatch it right up. It’s unfortunate but it’s reality.
So, you have a choice to make. Either take the low wage gigs until you find better paying work or continue your search while making nothing.
My first paying home job was working for ChaCha. At that time they paid much better than they do now but after the first pay cut I realized I was working for under five dollars an hour. I was fine with it honestly. I had diapers to pay for and when I considered the savings I found by avoiding daycare and traveling, I felt I was getting the better end of the whole deal.
Many of the low paying home based jobs do not require any experience and many of them don’t even need you to apply, you just register and start working. Some of the common low-wage jobs are:
What do you think? Should people stop working these low paying jobs? Or should we be thankful for them?
- Can I Really Work Full-Time From Home?
- Five Things I Hate About Elance
- The Content Authority – Freelance Writing
- Q/A: Where can I find work from home that doesn’t involve the phone?
- Work at Home Companies Where You Can Use an Apple Computer
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!