- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Okay I know many came here to tell you and me that working for anything less than our worth is just not acceptable.
I understand that mindset and in most ways I agree. But sometimes four dollars an hour is better than zero dollars an hour.
The more people work for less than minimum wage, the more these companies are getting away with underpaying. However, unfortunately working online means our competition is greater than our community, greater than our country- we are competing with everyone who has internet access. If you don’t take that $3.50 an hour job, by golly there is someone in India who will snatch it right up. It’s unfortunate but it’s reality.
So, you have a choice to make. Either take the low wage gigs until you find better paying work or continue your search while making nothing.
My first paying home job was working for ChaCha. At that time they paid much better than they do now but after the first pay cut I realized I was working for under five dollars an hour. I was fine with it honestly. I had diapers to pay for and when I considered the savings I found by avoiding daycare and traveling, I felt I was getting the better end of the whole deal.
Many of the low paying home based jobs do not require any experience and many of them don’t even need you to apply, you just register and start working. Some of the common low-wage jobs are:
What do you think? Should people stop working these low paying jobs? Or should we be thankful for them?
- I am such a Floozy!
- Active Work From Home Ideas
- How My WAH Job Turned into an Unexpected Career
- Five Realities I Did Not Expect About Working from Home
- How Many Hours Do You Work from Home?
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada