Traveling is common in the summer, and for those of us that work at home, waiting for vacation time isn’t necessary. If your work-from-home job allows the flexibility, you can take your work with you and travel to your heart’s content.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Do not be so naive as to think you are going to work for hours stuck in a hotel room if you have children. They will only last so long. For that matter, don’t think you are going to be okay with it.
Work at home as much as possible before you leave. If you can schedule Facebook posts in advance, get it done. If you can work a little extra and get most of your work done before you go, do it.
You will have a better chance of getting the work done that you have to get done before the kids wake up and after they go to sleep, or have more time for playing!
You do not want to be working along and have to hit the vending machine or leave the hotel or campsite when the munchies hit. Bring a cooler, or take advantage if the hotel has a mini fridge, and stock up on healthy snack food.
String cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, fruit, you know, the usual easy, healthy, snacking fare should do the trick. They can double as car snacks, and that will save you a ton on gas station snacks as well.
If you are working in the room while on a business trip with someone, while the person you are with is working, schedule rewards for yourself after you get some work done. You don’t want to have to sit in the room all day killing time until dinner.
Of course there is shopping and site seeing, but some conferences offer activities for spouses or travel partners at free or reduced costs. Be sure to do research to find out what is available to you.
Scout the Hotel
If you have kids with you, you may have to strike a balance between kid friendly and business friendly. A free breakfast is always good, and so is free internet. You want to be sure you have wireless available in your room. Most hotels these days do, but some offer it free only in the lobby.
Others only offer free internet in the business center. Prioritize what your needs are and be certain where you are staying will be able to accommodate it. If your kids are old enough to swim alone while you work nearby, Wi-Fi access at the pool could be a huge plus.
If you really have a lot to get done, scout out options for working other than the hotel room. If you will not have access to a vehicle, find places within walking distance that you can work and get out of the camper or hotel room. Consider coffee houses, fast food restaurants (with a play area if kids are involved), or even the local library.
Work at home, in some cases, means you can work anywhere. These tips can help make doing that a little easier.
- How to Work from Home on the Road
- The Next Best Thing for a WAHM- After Working at Home
- 5 Home Offices in Small Spaces
- Work from Home with Carlson-Wagonlit Travel
- How To Make The Most of Work At Home Trade Shows: 4 Good Tips
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!