Work from Home for the Disabled
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
I recently ran across a forum post where someone who had cerebral palsy was discussing his frustration with finding a good work at home job that would work around his disability. As he explained, his mind is fully intact but he had some physical reasons that he could not drive and he also had a hard time with doing several things at once. After having attempted a call-center job he realized it did not work for him as the key to being successful as a phone sales agent is to work fast, typing in customer responses, reading a screen and several other things as well- often all at the same time. Not only is it difficult to find a work at home job but even more so when you have uncompromising limitations.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Thankfully there are a few resources exclusively created for disabled American’s to find work at home jobs that fit them.
NTI Central– “NTI is a nonprofit organization specializing in assisting Americans who need work-from-home jobs due to physical disability. Let us enable you to effectively apply your skills in the workforce.”
Lift Inc.– “Since 1975, Lift, Inc.’s sole mission has been to hire and place information technology and information management professionals who have disabilities. Lift is a nonprofit corporation that combines specialized business and technology experience with expertise at recruitment, assessment, training and accommodation to give ambitious and highly capable men and women a vocational lift.”
ODEP.gov– “for many years, ODEP has worked to strengthen the capacity of the nation’s workforce development system to improve employment outcomes for people with disabilities through Customized Employment. ODEP has evidence-based research data showing that Customized Employment leads to positive employment outcomes for individuals with disabilities.”
Job Accomodation Network– “JAN provides free consulting services for individuals with physical or intellectual limitations that affect employment. Services include one-on-one consultation about job accommodation ideas, requesting and negotiating accommodations, and rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and related laws. Although JAN does not help individuals find employment, JAN does provide information for job seekers.”
My Employment Options- “We offer free job placement services for candidates currently receiving SSDI/SSI benefits and want to work.”
PearlInter– Pearl Interactive is an active job board focused primarily on people with disabilities. There is not a long list of jobs available usually but a good resource.
J. Lodge Corporation– “For all of our work at home positions, we recruit solely through Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors (VRCs) throughout the United States. Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors assist J.Lodge in pre-screening applicants. The online application is a private link, available through your VRC ONLY.”
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- Work at Home, Will Travel: 5 Tips for Taking Your Telecommute Job on the Road
- Rejected- Part of the Work at Home Process
- Q/A: Where can I find work from home that doesn’t involve the phone?
- How to Work from Home on the Road
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for the Work-at-Home Professional
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!