LionBridge offers work from home that is extremely flexible and also pays really well! There are not very many home based jobs that allow you to log in and work when you can without restriction to the time of day you work or the intervals you work. If you have children and need to work around a crazy schedule, then you are probably seeking a job without set hours.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
LionBridge offers a service to search engines that helps to ensure users have a pleasant and positive experience. Ever wonder what makes your search at Google or Bing bring up the results it does? It is very complicated and actually a hidden algorithm that controls this.
However, an algorithm can fail and therefore humans must come in and evaluate the results of searches and other content that is determined by these hidden algorithms. LionBridge workers help make search engines work better.
If you are already confused, then it is possible LionBridge will be above your head. .. Or it could just mean I am a horrible communicator…so please continue… 🙂
LionBridge offers a variety of job types, many of which list a college degree as a requirement. However, the Internet Assessor position does not. Therefore, I will focus on the Internet Assessor job type to introduce you to LionBridge.
What does an Internet Assessor do?
LionBridge’s description of the job is:
The Rater role involves evaluating results of a web search, for appropriateness to search query input. Participants will be required to provide their opinion of the result displayed based on a set of guidelines we provide. Hours of work are flexible. The recommended hours of work are 10-20 hours per week.
Basically you will be given a set of guidelines that you will use to rate the results of actual search engine searches. Think of it as though you will be rating whether the results given on search engines like Google, give the results the searcher would have wanted. Did it answer their question or provide them the information they were looking for?
What are the Requirements to be an Internet Assessor at LionBridge?
LionBridge claims you do not need to have a high level of technical knowledge to be successful as an Internet Assessor. You simply need a basic understanding of browsing the internet.
- Speak English
- Have High Speed Internet
- Be a Resident of your Country for at least 5 consecutive Years
- Be able to manage your time so you can fit in 10-20 hours of work a week on your own schedule
- Pass a two part exam
What is the exam like at LionBridge?
It is somewhat intense. Many say it is extremely difficult but some say it was a breeze. You will be given a study guide to read over and understand the guidelines of the job. Then you will be given the first part of the exam which includes 24 questions. If you pass this part, you will move on to the second part. The 150 question exam is a bit more difficult than the first and time consuming. You may expect to spend 5 hours on the exam alone. Not counting the many hours you will spend reading and studying the guidelines.
The exam is a good indicator of the type of work you will do. Taking the exam is sort of a good way for you to know if it is something you are comfortable doing.
How much does LionBridge Pay?
We have yet another company who chooses to keep the rate of pay under wraps through a binding disclosure agreement. I am not under any agreement as I have not worked for LionBridge, so I can tell you to expect a pay range of somewhere between $13 and $15 an hour. LionBridge does pay you hourly by the way.
What is the Pay Schedule at LionBridge?
LionBridge pays once a month. Yuck..I know. And to top it off they only pay through wire transfer which many banks charge upwards of $10 for! You would have to check with your bank to find out what charges you will receive for every wire transfer LionBridge makes into your account.
What is the Scheduling like at LionBridge?
LionBridge is a part time job, limiting your hours to no more than 20 hours a week. You are usually required to work at least 10 hours a week. Unfortunately the work load is not consistent and through periods of dry spells, it can be hard to get your minimum 10 hours of work in a week. I do believe if there is a lack of work, LionBridge is not strict about the 10 hour minimum. But if there is plenty of work, LionBridge may send you a warning message and if you do not meet their requirement you could be terminated.
What You Need to Know about Search Engine Evaluating LionBridge:
- You are an Independent Contractor, not an employee, meaning taxes are not held from your check.
- If you have worked at Leapforce in the past, you cannot work at LionBridge now.
- You can opt out of receiving pornography based searches, but there is no guaruntee you will still not receive inappropriate or porn search queries. You can however, quickly exit the screen without penalty.
- Work is not consistent. It is always a good idea to keep a back up job if you are depending on the income you earn with LionBridge.
Other Search Engine Evaluating Companies like LionBridge to consider:
Where to Apply for LionBridge:
- Comparing Top 5 Search Engine Evaluator Jobs That Pay $12 – $15 Per Hour
- Review of iSoftStone – Search Engine Evaluating
- Non Phone-High Pay
- Top 14 Legitimate Sites That Pay For Searching the Web
- Review of ZeroChaos
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada