- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale Research: Earn rewards by doing nothing more than sharing your experience of using the internet. Join Vindale Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Do you enjoy sharing ethnic recipes and food pictures online?
Are you comfortable using social media?
Would you like an additional side egg to add to your work-at-home (WAH) basket?
Well, then Zmenu might be the work-at-home or (WAH) opportunity for you.
What Exactly is Zmenu?
Zmenu is a work-at-home site that allows you to share food pictures and recipes using social media.
Zmenu’s mission is to help consumers make informed food decisions whether they are eating out, cooking at home or putting together a menu for a restaurant or meal.
What Types of Jobs Are Available At Zmenu?
Well, there probably are other types of jobs as there always are in these WAH companies, the one discussed in this article will be the remote Food Navigation Agent or the “Food Pinner” as most agents seem to be calling it. You will need both a Facebook account to be able to “like” the photos as well as a Pinterest account to “pin” the photos.
So, if are familiar with at least one ethnic food group and also able to identify food from photographs, this might be a good job for you. You will also need to be savvy with Facebook and Pinterest too.
While many agents do enjoy this gig, it is not for everyone. You will need to be familiar with food, ingredients, and also able to understand and put together an ethnic menu or meal.
What Are the Hours at Zmenu?
The hours are part-time and can be worked anytime as long as you are finishing your batches within an hour (their goal) or within the 48-hour turn-around for more work.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
As previously mentioned, you must be familiar with at least one ethnic food (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Persian/Middle Eastern, Greek, French, Latin American, African, Caribbean etc.) and able to know the ingredients and pick the foods out from photos.
So, someone with culinary school experience or who grew up or lived in another culture will probably do well with Zmenu. I also hear success stories from agents who just love to cook and entertain as a hobby.
What Are the Computer/Equipment Requirements?
The only real requirements seem to be:
- a reliable Internet connection
- a laptop or PC with updated virus and malware protection
- a Facebook account
- a Pinterest account
The good news is that this is a non-phone gig.
Are You an Independent Contractor or Employee?
You are an independent contractor and responsible for your own taxes.
What is the Pay and When is Payday?
The pay at Zmenu averages out to about $6 an hour. It’s basically pay per task like Clickworker or Mturk, but averages up to $6 an hour and increases as you receive more batches. Payday is every Monday via PayPal. It’s not massive money, but you can work when you want. Work is done in “batches” which are due within 48 hours, but you can finish them sooner. Batches are considered 12 to 20 images. Zmenu likes to see the batches finished within an hour, which I understand is not difficult to do.
There was a referral program, where you could get a referral bonus for referring friends, but that has been suspended.
What is My Overall Impression of Zmenu?
It seems to be a great extra side egg for someone working from home. People who are passionate about food really seem to enjoy it. I certainly don’t think that you can do it full-time, but enjoy it as an “extra side egg”.
How Can Someone Apply?
If you are familiar with at least one ethnic food (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Persian/Middle Eastern, Greek, French, Latin American, African, Caribbean etc.), then apply.
Please send an email with your resume to recruit@Zmenu.com with these three questions/requirements explained:
- List up to three cuisine styles in which you are very familiar.
- Describe what your exposure to those cuisine styles were (e.g., grew up in that culture, lived in that country for 12 years or frequently travel to the country).
- Mention how many hours you have to work on a weekly basis.
If Zmenu is interested, you will receive an email with a test to take. If you pass the test, then you will receive another email with a task to complete. Then an interview should be the final or third email.
Training is basically just explained via instructions and then you are placed on a probationary period.
Good luck to all who apply. There are several threads about Zmenu at WorkPlaceLikeHome.com.
- Work Online as a Community Moderator at LiveWorld
- Host an Online Holiday Potluck
- Work Online as a Shopping Assistant for FETCH
- MorningStar Panel is Recruiting
- Gift Giving Etiquette for Online Workers
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada