ETS (Educational Testing Service) a private non-profit organization founded in 1947 and headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey has online scoring job opportunities which gives you the opportunity to work from home.
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
You may not recognize the name of the company but I am sure you will recognize the standardized tests they help develop, administer and scores including the SAT®, the Advanced Placement Program Exams® and other testing programs, the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® General and Subject Tests and The Praxis Series™ assessments and California English Placement Test (EPT) and many more to the sound of over 50 million assessments tests annually in more than 180 countries and at more than 9,000 locations worldwide.
How does Online Scoring Works?
There are actually standardized tests that involved writing your responses, not using the usual #2 pencil to fill in the circle. Because of this, the computer can’t grade these written responses- this is where ETS comes in with online or onsite scorers.
ETS has created a software application entitled Online Scoring Network (OSN) which enables scorers to score examinees’ written and spoken test responses online. You as the online scorer will rate and score these responses via the internet from your home office in accordance with ETS guidelines and training.
Is there training to become an Online Scorer?
Yes, the training process as an online scorer or rater will go through for each testing program includes:
- Training via program-specific either website or paper base
- Certification that prospective raters must complete in order to score the particular test
- Ccheduling procedures for online raters to scoring sessions based your availability and the volume of tests
- Mentoring from ETS scoring leaders who work with raters to help them score responses according to each testing program standards. You must complete a certification for each testing you would like to participate in as an online scorer.
Will I need equipment to be a Online Scorer?
Yes, prospective raters must have computer equipment that meets the minimum hardware and software requirements which are:
- PC running Windows ME/2000/XP/VISTA
- 15-inch or 17-inch (preferred) SVGA monitor for display of 1024 x 768 (recommended) resolution
- At least 512 MB RAM, or higher
- High speed Internet connection (i.e. DSL, Cable Modem, LAN Internet Explorer 6.x or higher)
- Browser Version: Internet Explorer 6.x and Internet Explorer 7.x
Note: Netscape is not a supported browser and cannot be used within the ETS Online Scoring Network.
- Separate phone line that can make and receive calls while you are connected to the internet
- Call-waiting or voicemail on the separate phone line
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Vendor/version:?
- Users of Microsoft JRE are advised to transition to Sun JRE.
- Microsoft JRE does not support current Java features. Microsoft JRE and plug-in is included with Windows ME and 2000. The Microsoft JRE and plug-in is not included with Windows XP.
How can I find out what Java Version I have?
Can I use my Mac computer?
No, Sorry OSN does not currently support Mac computers.
What are the requirements to become a online scorer?
Depending the type of tests there are different requirements to becoming an online scorer. Some things that would help your chances of being accepted is having B.A. or higher degree from an accredited college or university and having at least 3 years full-time teaching experience and having previous scoring experience is a good start for most of the online scorer positions.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
You will need to be trained and certified for each standardized test you would like to be an online scorer for.
How much does ETS plays as an online scorer?
Their job postings doesn’t state a salary and depending on the exam your applying for and with my research the salary varies at a range of $10 to $20 per hour for an online scorer. ETS pays you by check twice a month.
Do I get benefits as an online scorer?
According to the ETS HR Department, you do not get benefits and this is mainly due to the fact you are a part-time employee and ETS doesn’t offer any benefits in these positions.
How many hours can I work?
Each test has their particular set of hours and days and the hours are in blocks of 4-8 hours when the test is given that you would be assigned for as an online scorer. In other words, you can be working a few sets of days when testing is given and then there can be no work available when testing isn’t.
The great part of working for ETS is you are an employee not an independent contractor which is a big plus for those of you who don’t want to worry about calculating how much taxes you need to put aside for tax time each year.
Overall, after reading and exploring the ETS opportunities that would be available as an online scorer would be a win-win for teachers, educators and education administers alike looking to supplement their income and get that wealth at home. Check out the current opportunities at ETS
- ETS – Work at Home Test Scoring
- Pearson Scoring- Real Ways To Earn Money Online
- Top 19 Online Test Scoring Jobs You Can Do from Your Home Office
- 5 Work at Home Opportunities in the Education Field
- Make Money Online with What Users Do
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!