Do you have experience working at home as a virtual call center agent?
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- OpinionCity: The internet’s Best Paid Surveys are here. Make up to $100 per survey completed. Join OpinionCity Now
Do you ever dream about not answering the calls but transcribing the calls?
Do you speak “automotive” or have a good understanding of automotive terms?
Well, then CallRevu.com might be the right work-at-home (WAH) opportunity for you.
What Exactly is CallRevu?
CallRevu is a call center headquartered in Timonium, Maryland which serves the automotive industry by offering call tracking, transcription, real-time alerts, and CRM Integration. If you have ever called your car dealer to ask a question, there will be a recording stating that this call may be recorded. These recorded calls will be transcribed and then reviewed for Q&A (Quality Assurance), training purposes or even to examine from a customer service standpoint. Clients are able to review these transcribed calls in real-time on their PC, laptop or mobile devices, so accuracy is key.
What Types of Jobs Are Available at CallRevu?
The transcriptionist position is the one that will be a working at home (WAH) position. There is a team of Domestic Independent Contractors working at home from the United States, who are enjoying this job both full-time and part-time.
What Are the Hours at CallRevu?
Because CallRevu has both East and West Coast dealerships, the calls keep flowing in until late. Independent contractors can make their own hours, and it doesn’t matter when they work, as long as the minimum requirements are met. (The minimum requirements are better explained below in the payment section.)
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need to Work at CallRevu?
Transcribers must have a computer or laptop, high speed Internet connection and any headset that they currently have will be fine (Apple Mac computers are not recommended). Transcribers must have a good command of English language and an interest in automobiles is a plus. You will be logging into their web site and listening to the recorded call there. You will be expected to be fast, efficient, and accurate. Proper grammar and spelling are keys to being a successful transcriptionist.
What is the Training Like?
CallRevu will have the trainees start out in a training server with pre-filled calls from a previous date, and then move to live calls. There is no set amount of calls a trainee needs to complete before being certified. It all depends upon how the transcribers are progressing and their understanding of the guidelines. New transcribers are allowed 7 workdays, between the hours of 10 am to 8 pm, to become certified.
What Are the Computer/Equipment Requirements?
All you will need is a PC or laptop with an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi and any headset of your choosing. You will need QuickTime to be able to listen to the calls to transcribe them. Google Chrome is the recommended web browser.
Independent Contractor or an Employee?
All positions mentioned are IC or Independent Contract positions for US residents. You will be responsible for your own taxes and should receive a 1099 for the year if you make $600 or more in any given calendar year.
What is the Pay Scale at CallRevu and When is Payday?
Pay is on the 15th and last day of the month via a mailed check. Each transcription or call pays $.60 and the average call length is 3.2 minutes. Obviously, there are short transcription tapes, but longer ones as well.
There is a minimum of 600 calls for every pay period. There is no limit to the amount of calls that can be done, and there are bonuses for extra high volume.
What is My Overall Impression of CallRevu?
I think CallRevu is a good extra side-job or “WAH egg” to have. I would not depend on it solely for an income as sometimes the calls just aren’t there. Be prepared that the 600 call minimum does account for more time than a normal part time job would. Many do enjoy both the work and the company.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to CallRevu?
All potential applicants can send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to all who apply.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- Review of CallRevu
- Working From Home For Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- The Top Five Reasons Why Working from Home is a Real Job
- The Basics of Working From Home for Teleflora
- Working at Home with Parameds
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.