Working From Home for Convergys
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Convergys is an award winning leader in customer management for cell phone and cable providers, hiring agents from all over the United States, Canada and the UK to work from home for the customer service department. These departments include Customer Support Representatives, Sales & Service Representatives, and Technical Support & Service Representatives.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
To begin the application process, you must first complete an online application. This is just the beginning of the process. You will also be instructed to check your PC and Internet Service Provider. A phone interview will be given as well. During this interview, you will discuss scheduling with a member of the recruiting team. Next you will complete a few assessments depending on the position you are applying for. (Applying does not guarantee that you will progress through these stages.) You are asked to check your email often during the application process, as they may need to obtain additional information from you. Convergys is currently accepting applications from the 48 U.S. contiguous states but is subject to change.
Convergys offers paid training. Training is 6 weeks long/ 8 hours per day.
Employees are offered quality benefits including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and tuition benefits. (Benefit plans vary depending on location and position) An employee discount program is also offered. This gives employees the opportunity to receive discounts from thousands of name brand merchants. An example for Work at Home Agents is Business Class internet service. US Employees can also elect to contribute to a retirement Savings Plan. Contributions can be up to 50% of the employee’s pay, but may not exceed IRS limits. After one year of service, Convergys matches 100% of all pre-tax dollars contributed up to 3% each pay period.
Scheduling is not very flexible. Convergys requires that you be available 7 days/week. Schedules vary depending on position and will be discussed during your interviewing process. Demerit points are given for missed work times. After accumulating 6 points, your employment will be terminated.
Starting pay is $9 per hour. Attendance based wage increases are offered as well as performance based bonuses and sales incentives.
Convergys requires that employees have Internet access provided by cable or DSL provider as wireless does not work properly with their system.
The Pros and Cons
Working for Convergys (now Concentrix) as a remote customer service agent has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Flexibility: Remote work allows for more flexible schedules and the convenience of working from home. You can often choose from different shifts and enjoy a better work-life balance.
- Reduced Commute: Working remotely eliminates the need for a daily commute, saving you time and money on transportation.
- Increased Job Opportunities: As a remote customer service agent, you can access job opportunities regardless of your geographical location. This widens your options and potentially allows you to work for well-known brands.
- Training and Support: Convergys (Concentrix) typically provides training and support to remote customer service agents, equipping them with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their roles effectively.
- Stability and Benefits: Working for a reputable company like Concentrix may provide job stability, as they have a strong presence in the business services industry. They may also offer employee benefits such as health insurance and retirement plans.
- Limited Face-to-Face Interaction: Remote work can be isolating, as you have limited face-to-face interaction with colleagues and supervisors. This may require additional effort to stay connected and maintain a sense of belonging within the company.
- Technological Challenges: Working remotely relies heavily on technology, and technical issues can occur. You need a stable internet connection and may face challenges troubleshooting equipment or software problems.
- Potential for Distractions: Working from home may expose you to distractions that could impact your productivity. It requires self-discipline and the ability to create a suitable work environment.
- Monitoring and Performance Metrics: Remote customer service agents are typically monitored and evaluated based on performance metrics such as call resolution times and customer satisfaction scores. Some individuals may find this level of monitoring stressful or uncomfortable.
- Less Career Advancement Opportunities: Remote work may limit career advancement opportunities compared to on-site positions. There may be fewer opportunities for promotions or in-person networking with colleagues and supervisors.
Where to Check for Job Openings
Convergys posts their current work from home and in-house call center job openings on their website.
- Working from Home for CallRevu
- The Lowdown on Working from Home with eDegree Advisor
- Working From Home for Concentrix
- Working From Home For Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Working at Home with Televated: Phone, Chat, and Email Support Positions
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!