- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Working OUT OF Your Home for Welcome Wagon can offer you some great benefits. You will find flexible scheduling, 401k, medical insurance, bonus incentives and more. However, this 85 year old company may also offer more than you want to bargain for.
All About Welcome Wagon
Welcome Wagon has a really cool story. It was founded in 1928 and began as a way to welcome new homeowners into their community while at the same time advertising local businesses. Originally, women were hired to visit newcomers and present them with a nice gift basket that not only gave a warm introduction to the neighborhood but also included coupons and business cards of local businesses. The businesses would pay Welcome Wagon for the advertising.
The idea is still the same today. However, the ‘welcoming’ is being done over the phone and through the mail.
What Do they Offer for Work From Home Jobs?
The opportunity I have seen offered is a sales position that is commission based.
Welcome Wagon hires agents to work out of their home. This is different than a home based job in that you do not only work in your home office. While you have the independence and flexibility- you do a lot of footwork as a Welcome Wagon agent.
Agents are given territories where they are responsible for selling the Welcome Wagon services to local businesses. Agents use cold calling and even door to door sales tactics to convert sales.
How does Welcome Wagon Pay?
Welcome Wagon pays on commission only. There is not a flat rate for the hours you work. Some say they had to put in a lot of time to make a good living. However, others have said the pay is excellent. I believe factors like your territory, sales experience as well as skill will play a big role in how successful you are with any type of commission based job.
While I cannot confirm exact pay at Welcome Wagon- one previous agent reported in May of 2012 that for “an average sale of $1500.00 you make 20% for the sale.”
If you are a motivated and confident sales agent then Welcome Wagon may be a great investment of your time. Many agents, however, have said they did not earn much their first year as they built up their clientele.
What are the Benefits at Welcome Wagon?
Welcome Wagon says they offer the following benefits:
- A Defined Protected Territory
- Ability to work from your home office
- Draw/Generous Commissions
- All Commissions paid up front
- Bonus incentives
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401(k)
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Sales Training
- Full Sales Support provided
- Income Potential is Unlimited!
While Welcome Wagon offers medical and dental insurance, I do not have any indication as to the cost of these benefits and what is offered.
Is Welcome Wagon a Legit Company?
Yes, Welcome Wagon has a long-standing history and is a genuine company that is offering a legit work from home job. However, there is a something about Welcome Wagon that I believe anyone considering working for them should be aware of.
In 2009 Welcome Wagon was bought out. Many agents and customers have since had a high level of complaints.
It seems many of their clients feel they were scammed or mislead into a reoccurring payment agreement. The BBB.org site gives Welcome Wagon a C-.
Even many of the agents have said that since the new management- there seems to be a lack of moral values. Agents say they were often encouraged to be discreet about the reoccurring fee as to increase their own commission earnings.
This home based job is for a select type of people who are looking for something where they can have control and freedom. If you want flexibility and have a sales mentality then I believe you could make Welcome Wagon work for you. You can check out the Jobs Page to see if there are any current openings. However, if you are looking for a way to make a steady income and if you are not a sales type of person or feel uncomfortable approaching people- then I say keep looking! Welcome Wagon may not be a good fit for many people.
Do you have Experience with Welcome Wagon?
Please share your stories with us in the comments below!
- Support.com- Great Phone Job with Benefits
- Great Benefits Working for Uhaul From Home
- Review of NexRep
- Blooms Today Hires Work at Home Agents
- U-Haul- Great Benefits!
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada