Content mills seem like every freelancer’s nightmare, but WriterAccess has proved this is a completely unwarranted rep! Though admittedly not the highest-paying gig, WriterAccess differs from run-of-the-mill content mills in that they offer opportunities to premium projects, partnerships with high-profile clients, and even free resources to assist their writers in their careers. It doesn’t get much better!
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now Free $5
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
What is WriterAccess?
WriterAccess hires freelance writers to compose pieces for their clients, companies seeking content producers. They are owned by ideaLaunch, which hosts a number of well-known clients, such as Walmart, Red Lobster (review), and Office Depot.
What is involved in a freelance writer position with WriterAccess?
Writers are expected to create content for clients, while following guidelines from the contracting company, including SEO / linking engagement. Freelancers may be required to perform revisions, depending on the quality of the work submitted and the degree to which it respected the client-defined project outlines. Free resources like webinars, events, and guides are also provided to writers to improve their craft.
New writers are limited to working on one article at a time, until they have submitted 10 approved written works. At this point, they may reserve and work on up to three different assignments. After 100 approved articles, this number is increased to a potential four reserved assignments, and elevated to five once again at 500 accepted pieces.
If a client is pleased with a freelancer, he/she may be added to their “Love List,” a way of bookmarking preferred writers to hire again, often while offering a bonus payment. It is also rumored that particularly talented writers may be offered jobs directly from IdeaLaunch.
What are the requirements to work for WriterAccess?
To be a freelance writer for WriterAccess, a firm grasp of the mechanics of the English language and an active PayPal account are necessary.
Is this a full- or part-time position?
Neither. As you level up, you can take on as much (to a limit) or as little work as you feel comfortable. However, as a freelance writer, you are technically a contractor and are not an employee of WriterAccess or ideaLaunch.
What is the compensation?
Compensation depends on the level with which you are associated and is similar to the rates seen at other content mills. You will be placed in a level, after your application has been reviewed, from 2-6. Level 6 writers have the highest payment rate.
At the moment, WriterAccess has defined its payment terms as follows:
- Level 2 orders – min. 1.4 cents/word
- Level 3 orders – min. 2.8 cents/word
- Level 4 orders – min. 4.2 cents/word
- Level 5 orders – min. 5.6 cents/word
- Level 6 orders – min. 7.0 cents/word
Fortunately, writers are not relegated to lower levels for probationary periods, like other content mill gigs. WriterAccess apparently bumps their freelancers up levels, if their work is strong, as soon as their application is processed.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
As you work and receive reviews and client endorsements, you will be eligible to receive additional badges. These badges include the Journalism, Tech, and Copywriting Badges, amongst others. Possessing these badges is a way of boosting your pay rates.
Something a little different about Writer Access, compared to other similar content mill opportunities, is that clients have the choice of adhering to Writer Access’ suggested payment guidelines or they may decide to use a Premium order form. The Premium order form allows clients to offer higher payments and potentially bonuses for certain special projects.
How is payment sent?
Payment is sent bimonthly by Paypal, though it is only issued if you have a minimum of $10 in your account. If you opt for direct deposit, payment is made weekly.
Is any special equipment or software required?
Aside from a reliable Internet connection, a computer, and a distraction-free space to write, you’re good to go as you are!
Is the position open for international applicants?
No, WriterAccess is looking for U.S. residents only.
What is the application process?
WriterAccess bears one of the more involved application processes of any content mill I’ve encountered. Their estimate is that completing your application and setting up your writer profile will take approximately 1 to 5 hours. Consider though that the more detailed your profile, the higher your chances of receiving optimal work.
To start, fill in your online application here. In it, you are required to offer information for your private WriterAccess profile as well as your public profile. This includes basic information such as name, and location, and then goes more specific into areas like the industries for which you write, previous experience, and personal assets. After this step, you will be instructed to undergo an online test, measuring your proficiency.
If approved, your public profile is the next task. Fill in your profile with detailed information on your writing experience, then supply WriterAccess with samples of your work, by industry. Finally, after satisfying the previous requirements, review the terms and conditions, deal with the tax form, and ensure your PayPal account is up and running. Now you’re ready to write!
- Calling All Content Mill Writers: The Content Authority is Looking for You
- Writer Beware: Is Domainite.com a Scam or Just Another Content Mill?
- Media Piston- Just Another Content Mill?
- Writing for Constant Content
- BrightHub – Write Online Content
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!