Writing for Constant Content
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Constant Content is a platform for buying and selling articles. There are two different ways to make money writing for constant content. Writers can either fulfill a request for an article, or they can post articles on the topic of their choosing and hope for a buyer.
I signed up for constant content several years ago and never got started. It seemed there were rarely requests, those that did pop up were taken quickly, and my confidence was not to the point of writing whatever I wanted and hoping someone would buy it. However, in preparation for this review, I have begun paying attention to my emails again, and it seems that there are many more requests posted than there once were. Some of them are standing requests, or requests for more than one article on a particular topic, meaning several writers could fill the same request.
What about the Money at Constant Content?
Constant Content pays at the beginning of each month via PayPal as long as there is at least $5 in the writer’s account. For accounts being paid out $500 or more, there is also a direct wire option straight to the writer’s bank. While I have not found any instances of writers not getting paid, they make it clear on their website that the buyer’s payment must clear before they pay the writer.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
When selling your content without filling a request, you have a few options when it comes to rights. You can choose to give up all your rights, require your name be listed as the author but be used exclusively by one buyer, or leave the article to be purchased by multiple buyers. Typically buyers pay more for more rights. Additionally, setting the price can be tricky as Constant Content takes their cut, of course. One writer who writes for them notes this is as much as 35%, with the writer keeping 65%.
What are the Pros and Cons
- Wide Range of Writing Opportunities: Constant Content offers a diverse range of writing assignments, allowing writers to explore different topics and industries. This variety can help writers expand their knowledge and expertise in various subject areas.
- Flexibility and Independence: As a freelance writer on Constant Content, you have the freedom to choose the assignments that align with your interests and expertise. You can work on your own schedule, which provides flexibility and allows for a better work-life balance.
- Potential for Earnings: Constant Content provides opportunities to earn money through writing assignments. The platform allows writers to set their own rates for their work, which means there is potential to earn competitive compensation for high-quality content.
- Exposure to a Wide Client Base: Constant Content has a large client base, including businesses, website owners, marketers, and publishers. Writing for the platform exposes you to potential clients and can help you build relationships for future freelance writing opportunities.
- Editorial Support: Constant Content has an editorial team that reviews and approves content before it is listed on the platform. This ensures a certain level of quality and can provide feedback and guidance to writers, helping them improve their writing skills.
- Competition for Assignments: Constant Content is a popular platform for freelance writers, which means there is competition for writing assignments. It may require persistence and consistent effort to secure desirable assignments.
- Content Approval Process: While Constant Content’s editorial review ensures quality, it can also result in a longer approval process for submitted content. Writers may experience delays in getting their work approved and listed on the platform, which can impact their earning potential.
- Content Ownership: When submitting content to Constant Content, writers typically give up their rights to the content. While this allows clients to purchase and use the content as they see fit, it means writers may not have control over how their work is ultimately used.
- Platform Fees: Constant Content charges a commission fee for each transaction made through the platform. This fee is deducted from the writer’s earnings, reducing the total amount they receive for their work.
- Client Dependence: Writers on Constant Content rely on clients to purchase their content. There is no guarantee that a particular piece of content will be purchased, and it may take time to build a steady stream of clients and consistent income.
Writing for Constant Content Conclusion
Constant Content has been around a long time and they are definitely legit. The pay per article is typically much more than other content mills (several are listed now for $20 to $50 each), but in the past the available work has not been as steady. It appears work is increasing however, and that has me excited to give them another look. In the end, Constant Content is a great egg for a writer to have in their basket, but not likely a great sole source of income. It could also be a great place to post articles you have already written for other content sites that may have been rejected for one reason or another.
Take a look around Constant Content to see more about how writers are setting up their rates and the variety of article subjects! See if writing for Constant Content is for you by registering a writer’s account.
- Five Steps for Being Successful on Constant Content
- The Content Authority – Freelance Writing
- Textbroker – Writing Online Content
- Online Content Writing 101
- 15 Online Writing Jobs for Beginners
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!