Today, I was fired!
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
2 hours after being fired: I am watching Law and Order reruns on USA, eating a cup of chocolate pudding- the kind with the vanilla swirled through it! It was the only chocolate I could find in the house. I am still wiping away my tears. I am in complete and total shock! So, watching my favorite show and eating chocolate is how I have chosen to comfort myself. This sucks!
Where do I go from here?
I keep asking myself this question. What the hell do I do now? I have depended so much on this job that it has become embedded into my daily life. Obviously I know my options and I know I have so many opportunities available to me, but it just doesn’t satisfy my feeling of emptiness. I absolutely loved my job! It was beyond perfect for me and NOTHING compares!
I am so angry at myself for being careless enough to have worked while I was half asleep and making so many stupid stupid stupid errors! What was I thinking???? I knew better, I warn others about this, but I was feeling confident in my job and as though as I was just as embedded into the daily functioning of it as it was in my life. But they showed me! Boy, they sure showed me!
So I can sit here and sulk and cry and beat myself up over this or I can… got bed…err…I mean, turn this around and make the most out of it. — (This is me trying to be positive in a completely horrible situation)
5 hours after being fired: I finally quit crying…I talked to some friends online, they boosted my spirits and felt sorry for me. I felt their hugs. It was almost as good as the chocolate pudding cup. But if I were asked to choose one…chocolate over friends! – just don’t tell them that 😉
- I have applied to Leapforce!! My application was approved and I am scheduled to complete the test soon! (very nervous about that!)
- I have realized those small eggs I have been keeping warm come in REALLY handy right about now!! Here I come Merchant Circle!!!
- I have examined my long-term career goals. I realize now that I will have more time to spend blogging and designing (my passions!). If I get this job at leapforce it will so help me understand more about how to create search engine friendly sites.
- If I become more active at Userlytics, I will better understand how to make a site user-friendly (lots of work to be done here!)
All of my plans are working me toward my long-term career goals, while before I was just a sitting duck, waiting for my kids to start school before I really pursued my dreams of blogging and web design.
I am pretty darn good at making lemonade!
Thank you for reading, for following, for being a part of my dream and passion! I am so glad to have all of you as part of my world…God knows working from home can get lonely. I am so very fortunate.
- Are You Getting Enough Sleep?
- 5 Snacks to Get You through Your Work-from-Home Day: The Sweet Side
- Are you a WAHMER?
- Internet Scammers are Smarter than You
- Are you a Pinterest Pro?
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!