You are Fired!
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Today, I was fired!
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
2 hours after being fired: I am watching Law and Order reruns on USA, eating a cup of chocolate pudding- the kind with the vanilla swirled through it! It was the only chocolate I could find in the house. I am still wiping away my tears. I am in complete and total shock! So, watching my favorite show and eating chocolate is how I have chosen to comfort myself. This sucks!
Where do I go from here?
I keep asking myself this question. What the hell do I do now? I have depended so much on this job that it has become embedded into my daily life. Obviously I know my options and I know I have so many opportunities available to me, but it just doesn’t satisfy my feeling of emptiness. I absolutely loved my job! It was beyond perfect for me and NOTHING compares!
I am so angry at myself for being careless enough to have worked while I was half asleep and making so many stupid stupid stupid errors! What was I thinking???? I knew better, I warn others about this, but I was feeling confident in my job and as though as I was just as embedded into the daily functioning of it as it was in my life. But they showed me! Boy, they sure showed me!
So I can sit here and sulk and cry and beat myself up over this or I can… got bed…err…I mean, turn this around and make the most out of it. — (This is me trying to be positive in a completely horrible situation)
5 hours after being fired: I finally quit crying…I talked to some friends online, they boosted my spirits and felt sorry for me. I felt their hugs. It was almost as good as the chocolate pudding cup. But if I were asked to choose one…chocolate over friends! – just don’t tell them that 😉
- I have applied to Leapforce!! My application was approved and I am scheduled to complete the test soon! (very nervous about that!)
- I have realized those small eggs I have been keeping warm come in REALLY handy right about now!! Here I come Merchant Circle!!!
- I have examined my long-term career goals. I realize now that I will have more time to spend blogging and designing (my passions!). If I get this job at leapforce it will so help me understand more about how to create search engine friendly sites.
- If I become more active at Userlytics, I will better understand how to make a site user-friendly (lots of work to be done here!)
All of my plans are working me toward my long-term career goals, while before I was just a sitting duck, waiting for my kids to start school before I really pursued my dreams of blogging and web design.
I am pretty darn good at making lemonade!
Thank you for reading, for following, for being a part of my dream and passion! I am so glad to have all of you as part of my world…God knows working from home can get lonely. I am so very fortunate.
- Are You an Overachiever or an Underachiever in Your Work-at-Home Life?
- Internet Scammers are Smarter than You
- Are you a WAHMER?
- Are You Getting Enough Sleep?
- Independent Contractor? Here Are 79 Work from Home Jobs for You!
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!