Today, I was fired!
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
2 hours after being fired: I am watching Law and Order reruns on USA, eating a cup of chocolate pudding- the kind with the vanilla swirled through it! It was the only chocolate I could find in the house. I am still wiping away my tears. I am in complete and total shock! So, watching my favorite show and eating chocolate is how I have chosen to comfort myself. This sucks!
Where do I go from here?
I keep asking myself this question. What the hell do I do now? I have depended so much on this job that it has become embedded into my daily life. Obviously I know my options and I know I have so many opportunities available to me, but it just doesn’t satisfy my feeling of emptiness. I absolutely loved my job! It was beyond perfect for me and NOTHING compares!
I am so angry at myself for being careless enough to have worked while I was half asleep and making so many stupid stupid stupid errors! What was I thinking???? I knew better, I warn others about this, but I was feeling confident in my job and as though as I was just as embedded into the daily functioning of it as it was in my life. But they showed me! Boy, they sure showed me!
So I can sit here and sulk and cry and beat myself up over this or I can… got bed…err…I mean, turn this around and make the most out of it. — (This is me trying to be positive in a completely horrible situation)
5 hours after being fired: I finally quit crying…I talked to some friends online, they boosted my spirits and felt sorry for me. I felt their hugs. It was almost as good as the chocolate pudding cup. But if I were asked to choose one…chocolate over friends! – just don’t tell them that 😉
- I have applied to Leapforce!! My application was approved and I am scheduled to complete the test soon! (very nervous about that!)
- I have realized those small eggs I have been keeping warm come in REALLY handy right about now!! Here I come Merchant Circle!!!
- I have examined my long-term career goals. I realize now that I will have more time to spend blogging and designing (my passions!). If I get this job at leapforce it will so help me understand more about how to create search engine friendly sites.
- If I become more active at Userlytics, I will better understand how to make a site user-friendly (lots of work to be done here!)
All of my plans are working me toward my long-term career goals, while before I was just a sitting duck, waiting for my kids to start school before I really pursued my dreams of blogging and web design.
I am pretty darn good at making lemonade!
Thank you for reading, for following, for being a part of my dream and passion! I am so glad to have all of you as part of my world…God knows working from home can get lonely. I am so very fortunate.
- You’re Fired—Get Used to It
- 5 Snacks to Get You through Your Work-from-Home Day: The Sweet Side
- Stressed to the Max
- Does Being a Work at Home Mom Mean Your Children are Neglected?
- How Would You Answer These Seven Interview Questions?
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada