- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
Facebook recently celebrated 1 Billion Active Users! The Social Network Giant has become so infused in our lives that being facebookless is completely against the grain and just feels so unnatural (so to speak). Normally I could care less if someone is on Facebook. In fact, I am an admirer of people who travel their own path. However, if you are looking for a way to work online but are refusing to step into the meeting room- you could just be making it hard on yourself.
Facebook is for Networking
Trying to find work online but not sure where to turn? Let me introduce you to Facebook, yeah there are a BILLION people there! When looking for a job online or offline- one of the key elements is networking. You want a job ONLINE right? Well, a large portion of people looking for online workers will expect that you are up-to-date with technology and can hold your own. Not having a Facebook account could possibly hinder you.
Real Life Examples of Facebook Helping Freelancers
–Most of my work is currently coming from 1 company. They have plenty of work to keep this part time graphic designer/mommy busy. Guess how I landed that gig? A Facebook friend introduced us!
–A fellow Facebook friend of mine tells me she finds a lot of overflow work as a freelance writer on Facebook from her freelance friends.
–Another friend says she finds out about current job openings by following Facebook Pages like Adventures of Working at Home. Many Facebook pages like ours as well as several others, share news of companies hiring. This gives their followers an advantage of allowing them to be one of the first people to apply for many of the jobs.
Concerned about Your Online Privacy?
I don’t blame you there! Facebook has a reputation of sharing our personal information and not taking the necessary steps to ensure our privacy and security online. I am aware every day that even though my Personal Facebook Page is set to private I could be sharing more than I want. So I am careful about what I post and what I choose to share. In fact, many users don’t even post a picture of themselves- that’s absolutely normal. I never talk about when I am going to be away from my home and I am definitely careful about the pictures I share of my kids.
The point is that Facebook danger is very real. But you can choose how much and what information you share.
What’s On Facebook for Freelancers?
First, every business has a Facebook page. Whichever business you may be interested in working for- follow them! Most businesses use Facebook as their only source of releasing new information- even job openings!
Second, there are hundreds of Facebook Groups where Freelancers meet, discuss, share and businesses even step in and offer work from time to time.
Finally, you can meet fellow freelance friends. Making friends will not only increase your connections but those connections will share their secrets and tell you what’s hot now and how to get involved!
Bottom Line about Facebook for Freelancers
If you do not have a Facebook account and you do not plan to get one understand that you are limiting your reach. But you can find ways around it. Staying active in forums, reading blogs and watching the job boards every day can keep you in the loop. Not having a Facebook account often just means you have to work even harder than the rest of us at knowing what is going on in our chosen workforce- the internet. But not being involved with Facebook is not a make-it or break-it deal for your Freelance career- as long as you put in the effort.
- 5 Reasons Why a Blog Might Be Better Than Facebook to Market Your Business
- MyLikes – Make Facebook and Twitter work for you!
- Online Rummage Sales on Facebook
- 5 God-Given Traits That Prove You Should Start a Blog
- Have You Considered Blogging?- Make Money With a Blog
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!