What are Your 2013 Work at Home Plans?
Updated on: by Jess Weaver
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Happy New Year’s to all the work at homers out there! I have been kind of quiet in the work at home world for a little bit and I just wanted to fill everyone in. My son is turning 2 in a few days and it marks almost two years since I began working at home. It’s been a wonderful journey and a path of learning and developing, but I’m right where I’m supposed to be.
Where did I start?
Almost two years ago I was working for OnPoint and Textbroker. I then moved onto writing for Merchant Circle and dabbling with private clients. I was mostly relying on content mills to get me through. I also did a little babysitting on the side and fought hard to build my growing business.
In November of 2011 I decided to start my own writing website. Which, thanks to Design by Miranda and Katie Jones, it got off on the right foot! I would spend time hanging around forums and picking up overflow. I also worked anywhere from ? cent a word to 1.5 cents a word. Additionally, I spent many months just doing overflow for some clients.
Where am I now?
In September of 2011 or so is when Merchant Circle shut down and the content mills started to become a thing of the past.
With that being said, I had paid attention to other freelancers and what they were doing for writing work. I signed up at oDesk.com and Elance.com and began to build my profiles.
I had some really good luck with oDesk and my work load stayed steady for quite some time. Most of my private clients last about 6-8 months at the shortest. I then began focusing on long term writing positions instead of writing for a quick dollar.
For almost 8 months I worked with a company doing social media. At any given time I have 3-4 gigs going to help sustain my income.
I’m still always marketing and applying for additional writing jobs. I have been with myy longest standing client for almost 16 months.
I’ve also landed a long term social media content writing position which has helped me double my income while working from home. I also write for a couple of private clients on the side. Since July I have started looking on Elance for more work. I also have my Fiverr gig up and running and that helps bring in some side work.
Where do I want to go?
Well, honestly the best plan for me in 2013 is to go with the flow. It’s worked so far. With a lot of faith and persistence it’s the only way to go. I’d be happy if I continued with the work I have now, but we know that everything can change in the blink of an eye in the work at home realm. I’d like to have a smooth transition in the beginning of April from two to three children at home with me as I welcome our third son. All of my kids will be under the age of four.
This is my work at home story. I started from no where and now I am actually making a real income from home. I own a business and will keep building it in 2013.
What plans do you have for 2013?
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- Work at Home Jobs are Not Always Good for Parents
- My Five Year Work at Home Anniversary
- Does Being a Work at Home Mom Mean Your Children are Neglected?
- Rejected- Part of the Work at Home Process
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!