You’re Fired—Get Used to It
Updated on: by Jess Weaver
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
How many of you are scared to death of being fired from your brick and mortar job? It’s absolutely horrific to think about a boss sitting you or your spouse down and firing you. Believe me, it’s one of my worst fears when it comes to my husband’s job. He’s been there for ten years, but in this economy you never know what the employer is thinking.
The same thing happened to my sister a few weeks ago. She was faced with getting “fired” over something really silly. She had been with that company for over seven years. When I first started working at home, I hated the idea of just getting dropped without an explanation.
Well, it’s happened more than once in my almost-two-year-work-at-home-journey. I hate those words and I hate that most work at home moms and dads have to hear them. So, how do you get used to the words “You’re Fired?”
#1. Those Words Will Always Sting
Even if you have heard those words 500 times, they still sting when you hear them. That’s how you feed your family. You thought things were going really well. Now, you are left without that egg and frantically searching for something else.
#2. Grow Thick Skin
I am one of the most sensitive people in the world. I genuinely care about each and every one of my clients, so I take it incredibly personal when someone just stops talking to me or they “let me go.” I know that the only way to get used to this feeling is to grow thick skin. I used to cry, but now it’s more of a motivation to find something else. Something better.
#3. Don’t Take it Personal
Business is business is business. We are smack dab in the middle of real business. People are paying us to be their customer service agents, writers, VA’s, and many other things. We can’t take it personally when we are let go. Sometimes money gets in the way and a client just can’t carry on with us on their team.
Trust me, do not take it personal! You’re allowed to feel bad, but use those feelings to motivate you to find something better!
I can tell you from experience that when something bad like this happens, something better is on the horizon. Last year, Merchant Circle shut down and we were all forced to find other things. Now I work half the time that I was and make twice as much. I can go on and on about these kinds of stories.
Getting fired is never fun, but look at the fruit it might bring you later down the road. I’m a firm believe that something better always comes along. So keep your eyes open and look forward to the future.
- Love Fishing? Here are 10 Real Ways to Get Paid for It!
- 11 Totally Legal Ways to Get Your Internet at Home Without Paying for It
- “How Can I Get Free Air for Tires Near Me?”: 12 Ways to Find It!
- The Best Way to Get Babysitting Jobs and Get Paid What You’re Worth
- Get Paid to Walk: 37 Apps and Ideas to Get Paid to Move
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!