- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
As I sit here with my work being quite slow, my mind is racing with different things I can do. I haven’t had to look for work for 16 months and now my mind is starting to wonder if I’ll need to start looking. Anyways, while I sit here at home with 3 children, I realize I depend on work to keep my mind busy. So, what happens when work is a little slower than usual? Your mind starts going off the deep end. Here are five things you can do when work is slow.
Wash Your Walls
Seriously, we are about to move and I looked over at our walls and almost barfed. What is this sticky, gooey, red stuff on these walls? I took it upon myself to wash my walls while work is slow.
Eat Everything in Sight
As humans, we want to eat to live, but lately I’ve been living to eat. The food we have in our house isn’t even all that great. It just seems like meal times are closer together when you are less busy. Luckily, I haven’t been too bad with eating. I’ve been eating bananas, raisins, some cereal. Have you noticed something? I have the appetite of a toddler! I’m eating everything my kids eat. Come on, what is happening to me!
Talk To Your Kids
I figure since work is slow, this is the perfect time to spend more time with my kids. They’d rather play cars or watch television. Turns out, they don’t need me after all. All those hours of guilt because I’m working is thrown out the window in 2.5 seconds. I really tried to have conversations with my kids and all they can do is do what they normally do. Children.
Pace the Floor
I think that work is like a part of my body now. If it’s slow, then the first step I take is panic, worry, and pacing. In reality this gets nothing done, but it bothers the neighbors downstairs. They can hear every move I make. If I have to suffer with boredom, they shall too suffer.
Look for More Work
This last idea came to mind, but I’m reluctant. WHY? Well, my job is weird. One day it’s slow and the next day it’s busy. The moment I pick up new gigs is the exact moment my other job will pick up. Right now I’m picking up some work for the main company I work for, Cheeky Monkey Media. If I get around to it, I may start looking for some new work.
Give me some motivation, work at home moms!
- Things to Consider When Deciding to Work From Home
- 41 Best Online Sites That Pay You to Do Fun Things!
- How Resourceful Do You Have to Be to Work at Home?
- 4 More Ways to Use Mind Mapping
- Ways To Relieve Work at Home Stress
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.