Nexcercise in a newer iPhone app that rewards users for being physically active. It should not be considered a steady source of income as it is a game, and winning is random, but it could be a nice little egg to get some great deals and freebies, all designed to get you motivated to get fit.
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
How Does Nexcercise Work?
It works like this. You open the app on your iPhone and exercise. If you exercise for at least fifteen minutes you get points.
The catch is points are not redeemed as is the case with many sites that reward points, but rather the more points you get the better chance you have at randomly winning a prize.
Prizes range from coupons for health bars to gift cards for major retailers.
While there is no guarantee you will win, I have to believe that the powers that be realize the dangling carrot only works if sometimes you let the rabbit catch the carrot. The reviews indicate that prizes in some form are not uncommon.
What Types of Prizes does Nexcercise Offer?
According to the Nexcercise website, there are two types of prizes: Nexcercise Rewards and Kiip Rewards.
Nexcercise Rewards are offered by Healthy Choice Partners and come with the option to either choose the prize or bonus points at the end of each session, maybe. If you are offered a Nexcercise Reward and you choose the prize over bonus points, it is stored in your account to be redeemed at leisure. It seems that these are all in the form of either something that must be scanned by the cashier from your mobile device, or a code for shopping online.
Kipp Rewards are offered by a third party and there is a chance to win these after each 15 minute exercise session. If you win, you will be prompted to enter your e-mail address and a voucher will be e-mailed to you along with instructions for redeeming.
What do Nexercise Users Say about the iPhone App?
Most of the reviews are very positive so it seems people are winning and loving it. The two major drawbacks appear to be that the app is not currently available on the Android network, though Nexcercise says that is coming, and it cannot run in the background. This means that it would not record your workout time if you are trying to check pace, heart rate, or other information on another fitness app.
The website says it can be used in conjunction with other fitness apps, but found one user who noted that they could not quite figure out how to do this.
While it does not appear this will be a way to make a substantial income, it does seem to be doing what it is meant to do, which is motivate users to get active. It is believed that as the user base grows, more retailers will be willing to give prizes, and it is very possible this will be the case. So, if you are an iPhone user wanting to get more active, or one who is already active but wants the chance to win some great prizes, why not give it a shot? After all, the iPhone app is free for now.
- Earn Rewards with Viggle.com
- Introducing WAHQuestions.com!
- Huge List of 93 Android and iPhone Apps That Really Pay You Money!
- Earn Using Bing Rewards
- Top 14 Apps That Pay You to Exercise, Get Fit, and Stay Healthy
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!