Host an Online Holiday Potluck
Updated on: by Leisa Good
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
If memories of the holidays drum up “visions of sugar plums dancing” and many other culinary delights, then you’ll want to learn about some of the latest apps and online tools to share your holiday foods. You can now take your love of food online like never before. Social networks and food apps offer wonderful ways to share recipes, photos, chats, and even videos of your favorite holiday recipes.
One of the best ways–and most obvious–is to go online and create an event at Facebook. The event could be called “Holiday Potluck” or any other name. The good thing about this event is that it will have a time and date for people to attend. Invitees may click attend, maybe or decline. Invitees will be asked to share a link to their favorite online recipe, YouTube recipe or even their own pictures and/or attached recipe files. Subsequent events such as a Holiday Cookie Exchange could always be followed up a week later.
Don’t forget after the event, many will want to follow up later especially on the YouTube recipes on their laptops, smart phones, tablets or smart TV. This is if they plan on attempting these recipes.
Another wonderful FREE service for organizing online potlucks is at PerfectPotluck. Here you will create signup sheets, invitations, maps and directions, and email reminders to manage your potluck. This free tool prevents duplication of the same foods or too much of one food group, such as too many desserts and not enough vegetable dishes. This online tool is used for those who will be attending an actual offline potluck at their church, organization or friend’s house. Not just collecting recipes or food pictures online.
If your holiday potluck is more informal and you and your friends are sharing on an unscheduled, sporadic basis you might want to check out the Recipe Binder at Facebook. There is also a link for the iPhone app.
Once downloaded, you may customize it for yourself with your own recipes and those of your friends. There are already default recipes in the app.
Socialtimes is another great online place to go where you can share your online recipes (holiday and non-holiday) and use the Foodily platform on the web site to connect to Twitter and Facebook. You can also go directly to the Foodily app and download it there and start sharing food pictures, recipes, and chats about food from your iPhone.
So with the holidays here it is a not only a time to eat, drink, and be merry–but also to post, share, and link.
So eat up, drink up, and share up!
Cheers and Happy Holidays!
- Need Extra Cash For The Holiday Season? My Suggestions:
- Become a Virtual Volunteer this Holiday
- Earning from Home as an Astrologer: Guide to Starting an Online Astrology Business
- Work from Home as an Online Nutritionist: A Comprehensive Guide
- MorningStar Panel is Recruiting
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!