Do you enjoy helping people, especially college students?
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
Are you interested in promoting financial literacy?
Can you commit to a 15 to 30-hour workweek?
Then Higher One might be the place for you.
What Exactly is Higher One?
Founded in the year 2000, Higher One is a financial services company that was started to help promote financial literacy, especially among college students. Many times college students have never learned to budget their money or they are struggling with things like financial aid, tuition assistance, and all the financial paperwork that goes with college entry.
What Do Remote Agents Do at Higher One?
Higher One hires remote agents seasonally—especially bi-lingual agents—to answer inbound and outbound calls assisting college students and their parents with their financial paperwork. Agents answer questions and basically take on the role of customer service representatives.
Training is paid, but I understand there is a lot of material and a definite learning curve. You really only need to commit to 15-hours a week, but you can receive up to 30-hours a week if available.
What Are the Equipment/Computer Requirements?
You will need:
- an updated PC or laptop with high-speed Internet.
- anti-virus and anti-malware software installed.
- a landline phone with unlimited long distance.
- a quiet office space with minimal distractions.
If you don’t have unlimited long distance on your landline phone, Higher One will reimburse you up to $30 every pay period.
What Are the Other Qualifications Will You Need to Be Considered?
Besides the equipment/computer requirements mentioned above, you will need:
- a high school diploma or GED.
- the ability pass a background check.
- the ability to pass a credit check.
- call center experience is a plus but not necessary.
The credit check is fairly strict. You should not owe more than $500 on each outstanding debt.
What Are the Workday and Schedule Like at Higher One?
The shifts are short and usually run 8:00 a.m. to around 11:00 a.m. EST Monday through Friday.
What is the Pay Like and When is Pay Day at Higher One?
Payment is between $9.50 to $11.50 an hour, but if you have previous call center experience you may actually start at a higher rate. Payday is every two weeks and delivered by check or direct deposit. Since Higher One agents work as Independent Contractors, taxes are not withheld and you can expect to receive a form 1099 for tax purposes.
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!
What is My Overall Impression of Higher One?
I have mostly heard good things about Higher One. Some workers claim that it is one of the better paying work-at-home jobs. Of course, the downfall is that it is only seasonal and not something you can depend on for a full-time income.
They also don’t hire in all states.
There are many reviews on Higher One. Just do a Google search, and you will find that most of the reviews are at least 3 out of 5 stars.
How Can Someone Apply to Higher One?
Interested individuals may go to the website and select the job they are interested in. They also have offline jobs in various states should you or someone you know become interested.
Good luck to all who apply!
- Review of The Newton Group’s Appointment Setting Job
- Review of NextWave
- Review of Work at Home Jobs with TextMaster
- Updated Review of Pleio- Being a Goodstart Agent
- Review of goFLUENT.com
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!