How Working from Home Can Save Money
Updated on: by FStewart
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
The thing is, it is easy to forget that often working from home can save money as well, which must be figured in to the equation for an accurate cost-benefit analysis.
Many of these are obvious, while some are not so much so. Here are just a few.
Save on Clothes
While you may not want to work in your pajamas, most work from home jobs can be done while wearing whatever you wish.
Pajamas are often perfectly acceptable, and unless you are meeting clients and do not feel comfortable, jeans generally are as well.
There are exceptions to every rule, but the elimination of the need to buy “work” clothes is a huge money saver.
Save Money on Food
You can always take your lunch to the office, but it seems temptation abounds when co-workers invite you out to eat, or there are yummy dinning out options nearby.
There is also the fact that you actually have to make your lunch and take it with you, and remembering that is not always easy.
When working from home, you can simply walk to your fridge a grab a bite from what is already there. This gives you much more control over you food budget.
Reduce Automobile Costs
No commute means less gas cost and less wear and tear on your vehicle. Oil changes and tire rotations will not have to happen as often because you will be putting fewer miles on your car.
Reduce Child Care Needs
While some work at home jobs will still require you to have childcare, it is often less that an outside of the home job requires. You may be able to only pay for child care a few days a week, or even pay less because you only need someone to come in for a couple of hours a day while you are working.
Some work from home jobs can be done without the need for any childcare at all! If this is not the case with you, you may still find that you online need to pay for a 2 or 3 day a week program or someone in your home a few hours per week. This can save significantly on the the childcare budget.
I am not saying working from home means you have to be anti-social. You will still have friends and still go out, but it will be easier to control socialization in your regular budget.
Working in a location away from the home means you may be invited to grab drinks with co-workers multiple times in a week, and while you can always turn them down, the temptation is there. You are much less likely to spend that kind of money working from home.
For some, working from home allows them to homeschool rather than pay for private school. Others save when working from home by having more time to coupon, being able to clean their own home rather than pay someone, and reducing dry cleaning costs. What are some ways you save money by working at home?
- Freelancing and Remote Work: Can You Save Money Working from Home?
- How to Save for Retirement When You Work from Home
- Working at Home- It’s a Fine Line to Balance
- Ways to Save Time and Stay Organized While Working From Home
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 8 – Exploring the Myths of Working at Home
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!