Having a reliable computer and speedy internet connection is of extreme importance when working online! If you feel your computer needs to be working a faster to keep up with your demand- then try these four ways to increase your speed!
1. Antivirus Software
It is of critical importance that you have antivirus software on your computer! However, many of these programs take so long checking files that it slows down your computer speed! I have had many conversations with computer gurus and here are the top two FREE programs recommended:
1. Avast– I have personally been using the Free version of Avast on my computer for over 5 years and have recently added it to my smartphone. It has done an excellent job! Even with all the research I do on ‘iffy’ companies- I have remained secure. Check it Out Here
2. AVG offers a free version of their antivirus software to increase your internet security. AVG also offers to scan your computer for any issues and help you tune up your PC for optimum performance. Check it Out Here
Join Vindale Research, the famous survey site where you earn rewards to share your experiences about how you use the internet.
2. Is your Router and Computer Up to Date?
If you use a laptop and connect to the internet wirelessly using a router then be sure to check for software updates! Many people have no idea that their routers have to be updated as there often is no alert or notice. Check for writing on the router itself for any log in and website information to update. Having a router that needs updated can cause your internet connection to slow down and even time out.
Your computer also has updates that must be done. Many of you have your computers already set to automatically run Windows and other software updates. However, if you are unsure then do a little Google search and see how to check for updates. This is important to not only the speed of your computer but also your security.
3. Free up Some Space!
Clean up that computer! Go through your files and delete any unnecessary images, music, videos etc. Anything that you want to keep should be backed up onto either a disc or online in a ‘cloud’.
2 companies currently offering free cloud space for your computer files:
- MiMedia-Get a Free 7GB account to backup your online digital life: photos, videos, music, documents and more! Click Here
- SugarSync – Free 5GB – Access all your data. Anytime. Anywhere. SugarSync is instant and secure online file sync and backup for your PC, Mac, or Mobile Device. Click Here
Another way to free up some space on your computer is to go through your programs and delete anything you know you will never use. Just be sure you don’t delete anything that you don’t know what it is. (it may be pretty important)
4. Look at your Internet Speed
Check out your internet speed at SpeedTest.net and see if it is coming close to what you are paying for. If it is not, I would suggest you contact your internet provider and see if anything can be checked to help ensure your internet connection is speedy. If you are getting the speed you are paying for, but your internet still seems slow, check out some of the other plans the internet provider offers. You may be able to drastically speed up your internet speed with only a few more dollars a month.