Amazon has a section they call Mechanical Turk, mturk for short, which allows small businesses and individuals to post task based work (called hits) they need completed on a project basis. Then, workers (who often refer to themselves as Turkers) can complete the work at the rate set by the project poster. Amazon is the middle man, hosting the site, ensuring payments are made and helps diffuse any conflicts. Last week RealWaystoEarnMoneyOnline.com revealed some of the best mTurk Hits worth your time. I treid a few myself and I became a huge fan of the John Gaddy mturk hits!
What’s up with the name John Gaddy?
Well that is simply the person’s name who is posting the work. Nothing significant behind it, but thankfully his name, Gaddy, has a nice ring to it. Most people around the web are referring to these as Gaddy Hits.
What do you do for Gaddy?
Each hit with Gaddy is a keyword or keyword phrase (sometimes a list of words) that you are asked to make into a title of at least 5 words and then write a quick snippet around the keyword, using the word(s) or phrase(s) a time or two through the 150 minimum word text.
Renowned Swagbucks delivers what you need: More rewards, more money! Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn Extra Cash. 100% free to join!
Not a fan of writing online content?
Yeah me neither, which is why I almost didn’t bother even attempting the Gaddy Hits on Amazon’s mturk. But these are not your usual writing job. Here is the difference:
- Only 150 words. To put things into context- so far this post is 256 words. So, yeah 150 words is very brief. Basically a paragraph.
- You choose what to write. You are given a keyword, something like Rhinoplasty (my first Gaddy Hit). You write whatever you want (in a positive light) using that word at least once.
- No pressure to be perfect. These hits are not asking for perfection. You get a spell checker and as long as you can write English, you don’t have to stress out about comma placements.
- Casual reading. These snippets are mostly being used as Blog posts. Blog style writing is much more free, you can talk in the first person and overall be more casual.
- No keyword stuffing. You only have to use the keyword once.
- No research needed. For the most part, you don’t have to do any research. The most I had to do once was look up a keyword that I had no clue what it was. But within 20 seconds I understood what it was.
Most mturk hits don’t pay very well, what about these Gaddy Hits?
You are right, most hits pay very poorly, but Gaddy hits are paying very fair. At $1.00 for each 150 snippet you write, that can add up very quickly! I did my first several hits very slowly as I kept doubting myself and questioning if it were really as simple as it is and still only took 5 minutes to write a piece. At that rate I could expect to earn $12 an hour! Some of these people may be cranking them out even faster than that!
Is there enough hits or work to go around?
Well, this is always an issue as WAH jobs become popular, the work load disappears quickly. This is not a steady source of income. Although at the moment it seems there are thousands of hits available, depending on how long it takes John Gaddy to replenish the supply, how many people are working and if John Gaddy even chooses to continue turning to Amazon for his writing needs. This work could be gone tomorrow, so don’t depend on it and just be thankful for each day you have.
How long does it take to get paid from John Gaddy and collect from Amazon Mturk?
John Gaddy also pays turkers to check over each snippet for keyword use and basic grammar and spelling (another role many people are excited about). However, they become back logged and therefore, the time it takes for approval of your work can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I completed my first yesterday afternoon and I am still waiting for them to be approved. Once they are approved I can either immediately go shopping on Amazon or wait until I have a balance of at least $10.00 when I can request it to be deposited to my bank account. withdrawing your funds can take 5-7 days. So, if you do this regularly, you could be paying yourself once a week for a steady flow of money while the work is available.
Ready to get to work? Visit Amazon’s Mechanical Turk page, create an account if you have not already and search for John Gaddy. Enjoy!