Traditionally, a virtual assistant is someone that works from home and provides companies/businesses with support in many different areas. Administrative support, technical support, sales assistance and help with marketing are some of these areas. Equivity is a company that hires virtual assistants to provide services, while working from home, to their clients of professional people and businesses. The role of the Virtual Assistant at Equivity is to support their clients to have more time to do what they do best by taking care of the administrative and other basic tasks.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale Research: Earn rewards by doing nothing more than sharing your experience of using the internet. Join Vindale Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
While working as a virtual assistant, you may perform duties such as setting appointments, making client calls, entering data, maintaining website information, completing bookkeeping and much more.
If you have experience in administration or just good at a multi-tasking, a virtual assistant career might be the perfect work from home positions or business venture for you.
Who is Equivity?
Equivity is a San Francisco based company that provides virtual assistant services to companies and employers that are in need of support with their day to day business activities. The company’s business hours are Monday through Friday from 9am-6pm, but customer service is available on a 24/7 basis.
Virtual Assistants working for Equivity help clients to become organized by performing various duties. These may include things such as appointment scheduling, managing calendars, and planning meetings/other events like personal vacations.
Equivity is currently looking to hire individuals interested in become a part of their virtual assistant team. These assistants need to be detail oriented and excited about helping others get organized.
What Duties Will I Perform?
The virtual assistant team will receive administrative tasks from their clients. These tasks may include things such as:
- Formatting and proofreading documents
- Entering Data
- Calling and Emailing clients
- Organizing contact information
- Online Researching
- Managing Social Media Outlets
- Managing Calendars
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings
- Performing email correspondence
- Scheduling Delivery Services
- Scheduling car services
- Performing restaurant reservations and ordering meals
- Completing Travel arrangements (scheduling flights, booking hotels and organizing car rental service)
- Completing billing and invoicing
How Much Do Virtual Assistants at Equivity Earn?
Wage for the Virtual Assistant Positions is said to start around $15 per hour. This is a fairly standard rate for Virtual Assistants working under a company, like Equivity. However, virtual assistants working for themselves, finding their own clients often charge more, depending on their specialty. The benefit to working for a company like Equivity is not having to spend non-billable hours looking for new clients and work.
Is The Scheduling Flexible?
Virtual Assistants are hired on a part-time basis. Equivity needs their Virtual Assistants to be available Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm Pacific Time.
What Kind Of Skills Are Required to be a Virtual Assistant?
You must be currently completing a four-year college program or have a college degree to be considered for a position with Equivity. Additionally, in order to be successful, you need to have excellent communication skills.
What Equipment Do I Need?
For this position, you will need a laptop and a smart-phone. You will also internet with broadband access and a quiet work environment in which to complete work related calls.
Does Equivity Hire Internationally?
It is not made clear if Equivity hires outside of the United States. If you speak fluent English, have qualifying skills, and are available during the hours needed, it may be worth applying to Equivity’s Virtual Assistant position.
How Do I Apply?
In order to apply, send your resume with 3 or more references to email@example.com. Your resume will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are a good fit for the company. You can visit the career page on Equivity’s website to check on current openings and learn more about being a Virtual Assistant.
- eaHELP Hires Virtual Assistants
- Five Steps to Working as a Virtual Assistant
- Be a Virtual Assistant with Office 88
- When To Seek Help from a Virtual Assistant
- Understanding Virtual Assistance – Part 2 – Knowing What Services to Offer
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada