Networking Tips for People Who Work from Home
Updated on: by Erica Martin
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Networking is an important part of finding jobs and getting new business, whether you work from home or not. When you work away from home it’s easy to network, because you have people around you all the time – but when you work from home, networking becomes a little harder. Luckily, there are still many ways to mingle with like-minded professionals even when you work from home.
This post will provide some networking tips for people who work from home.
Use social media sites and IM programs –
As many people who work from home already know, social media sites are probably the best way to network with other people who work from home. Another great way to network with other people, especially those you work with or have worked with at different work from home companies, is on instant messaging programs such as Yahoo Messenger and Windows Messenger. As usual though, be sure to investigate any work from home opportunities you find out through talking to current or former work from home contacts on social media sites or instant messaging programs.
Get out every once in a while –
When you work from home, it’s easy to want to stay at home all the time – but be sure to get out every once in a while and network with others face to face. Your friends may know someone who’s looking for a freelancer, or you may discover that someone you know needs someone with your qualifications to do something for them, such as write an article or a newsletter. You can also do research on networking events that may be taking place in your town – just do a search for “networking events in (your city and state)”. You can also check out meetup.com for opportunities to network with others.
Be sure to keep in touch with former clients and co-workers
Yes, someone may contact you if they hear of something that might be suitable for you, but not always. That’s why it’s important to keep in touch with your former work at home co-workers and clients on a regular basis.
Ask friends to introduce you to people –
Maybe you know someone who works in an area you want to get into – see if they can help you get into the area, or if they know someone who can help you get into the area.
Throw your own party –
If you absolutely can’t get out, throw your own party – you can throw a holiday-themed party, such as a Christmas party or Halloween costume party, or you could even just invite a few people over. Don’t limit these get-togethers to the people you know, though, ask them to bring friends so you can widen your circle of friends and hopefully gain a few new networking contacts.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Join Pinecone Research Now
These are just a few networking tips when you work from home – if you have any other ideas I’d love to hear them!
- Storm Safety Tips for People Who Work from Home
- Christmas Gift Ideas for People Who Work From Home
- Useful IFTTT Recipes for People Who Work From Home
- Desk Exercises for People Who Work From Home
- Health Insurance Options for People Who Work From Home
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Click here to post a comment...