Q/A: How to Market My Virtual Assistant Business
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
I need some guidance. I am planning on creating my own business in virtual assisting. I need wisdom in how to advertise my business. I need to know how to get started. Any links would be more than appreciated.
Thank you so very much.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Then they all go to sites like Elance and Odesk to look for work. Start small- building up from there. Once in a while you will find clients who turn out to be long term, repeat business and word of mouth.
Once you have experience you can usually land a couple of well paying clients who can take up most of your available time and you really wont have to market as much.
I have learned through chatting with others and running a web design service- there is no better marketing method than word of mouth.
Here is a VA Guide to starting your own business written by a VA friend of mine: I think it starts out at the last post and goes backward- so you might have to dig through it for the topics that interest you.
She also compiled it into an easy to browse book that includes additional info: http://21daystovabiz.com/
I’m around if you need any help or support. Best wishes!!
Looking for Freelance Work?
If you are getting your own freelance business off and running then join the other thousands of freelancers and check out what Elance has to offer right now. I have this very nifty page that will come in handy and help you find new clients and more money! check it out here
- Five Things I Hate About Elance
- Meet Leisa Good- Virtual Assistant Business Owner
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 9 – Financing Your Virtual Assistant Practice
- 9+ Ways to Market Your Work-At-Home Business
- Five Steps to Working as a Virtual Assistant
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!