- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Founded in 1999, they have expanded until they now boast 5.5 million members in over 200 countries.
They are now one of the top recommended companies among websites offering paid surveys.
Signing up with this company is a real way to earn money and rewards.
But what does it take to become a member, and what benefits can you expect?
I signed up to find out what Global Test market has to offer.
Important Update 3/2019: MySurvey and Global Test Market are Now LifePoints!
Starting in February 2019, MySurvey and Global Test Market, both sub-panels of the huge market research company, Lightspeed, merged in the United States to become LifePoints.
Some countries may have already seen this merger happen for them a few months ago, but it seems as though the U.S. will be the last major region to see the change.
Why are they merging?
Well, if you were a member of those panels, you might notice that they weren’t much different from each other.
In terms of rewards and the survey taking process, both panels are almost exactly the same, and even their websites look very similar!
Lightspeed thought it was time to merge the two together to create one bigger, better panel using many of the same market research strategies.
LifePoints, therefore, operates similarly to both panels, letting members collect LifePoints for surveys, focus groups, and other market research projects and exchanging them for rewards.
Although Lightspeed hasn’t officially said whether Global Test Market and MySurvey will be gone soon, we assume that members will have to switch over to LifePoints within a few weeks.
You can still read our Global Test Market review down below if you’re interested in learning more about how it works, since much of what you’ll do on LifePoints will be similar.
But we’re going to first outline a few similarities and differences between LifePoints and Global Test Market so that you can decide if this newly merged panel will be the right one for you.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What Do I Do If I’m Already a Member of Global Test Market?
If you’ve already signed up for Global Test Market, don’t worry that you’ll lose all the points you earned as a result of the merger.
They’ll still be in your account and you can simply head to the LifePoints website, input your Global Test Market login details, and enter the site.
You should see the points you’ve earned waiting for you in your account!
LifePoints made it easy for Global Test Market panelists to transition to the new site by doing this.
If you have any trouble using your account details to login, or if you don’t see your Global Test Market points in your LifePoints account, you can contact LifePoints using the contact information on the company website.
What If I’m Completely New to These Panels?
If you’ve never been a member of MySurvey or Global Test Market, you can still join LifePoints.
Just head to the website, click the Join Now link on the top of the page, and fill out the simple form.
Once you sign up and confirm your email address, you should receive 10 free LifePoints to your account!
How are Global Test Market and LifePoints the Same?
Global Test Market isn’t much different from LifePoints, so you’ll likely notice a lot of similarities in how they work, how you take surveys, and how you earn rewards.
In fact, most of the rewards offered on the two sites are the same, like PayPal cash and retail gift cards.
To take surveys on LifePoints, you’ll do just what you did on Global Test Market: Wait for invites to come to your inbox or log into your account to see if there are new surveys to take.
Then, qualify for a survey, complete it, and get your rewards.
How are Global Test Market and LifePoints Different?
If you were already a member of Global Test Market or have at least visited the site before, the first thing you’ll notice is that its website is very different than the LifePoints website.
Global Test Market is a bit outdated, cluttered, and messy, while the LifePoints site looks clean, simple, and fresh.
It’s much easier to navigate than Global Test Market, which is great for people who aren’t very tech-savvy.
Another way the two sites are different is that LifePoints awards members with a few points for surveys they don’t qualify for.
You can get up to 10 points a day from disqualifications, which is better than getting paid nothing for the time it takes to qualify (which can sometimes be 10 to 15 minutes!).
Otherwise, you won’t notice much of a difference between the two panels.
LifePoints Pay and Rewards
If you’ve already been a member of Global Test Market, you know that the company gives out LifePoints as rewards for polls and surveys, hence the name of the merger between MySurvey and Global Test Market.
This is what will happen when you answer surveys on LifePoints, too.
You’ll get a specific number of points awarded, which will vary depending on the length and complexity of the survey.
For example, a survey that asks basic opinions on haircare products and takes 10 minutes to complete might award you with significantly less than an hour-long survey that requires you to type in a few sentences about your opinions on videos you have to watch.
Focus groups and other opportunities on LifePoints might also pay out more points than a traditional online survey.
Once you gain enough LifePoints, you can redeem them for one of the following:
- Amazon gift cards
- iTunes gift cards
- PayPal cash
- Starbucks gift cards
- Charity donations
- Various retail vouchers to clothing stores, restaurants, gas stations, etc.
LifePoints stay in your account for three years after you earn them as long as you stay active.
If you have no activity on your account for 12 months, though, they’ll expire.
Like just about any survey panel, LifePoints does have some negative reviews from panelists who’ve tried it out.
Some of these comments are from new panelists who have not used Global Test Market previously, so they aren’t able to compare the two.
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Many of these panelists complain that it’s tough to earn points on LifePoints and that the payment system is pretty slow.
However, we assume that much of this has to do with the fact that LifePoints is still merging MySurvey and Global Test Market together, so it’s somewhat of a learning curve for everyone.
Although the company is a combination of two already-existing sites, there’s still a lot of work to do to make it something fresh and new, so it might take some time to get adjusted and have more survey offers come rolling in.
Those who have already participated in Global Test Market and are now using LifePoints sometimes state that it has some trouble with freezing surveys or not rewarding for completed surveys, which is not a typical complaint panelists had with Global Test Market.
There are positive reviews, too, that state that LifePoints seems to be making progress toward becoming a reliable survey site.
We suspect that it might take some time to get all the kinks worked out, but LifePoints does have the potential to become a leader in market research panels.
If you want to test it out for yourself, you can switch over or sign up here.
Could this be a scam?
Global Test Market is a very safe, established company.
While not necessarily the number one survey site according to user rankings, it has always been near the top of the list.
They really pay their members cash and rewards for their opinions.
Because of their huge database of members and global reach, they are often utilized by big businesses and major brands to provide consumer information.
How it Works
So how does Global Test Market operate?
Businesses who need opinions seek out companies like Global Test Market – they might require information on products, brand awareness, marketing, or any other group opinions that a crowd of people can provide.
In the past, companies had to use test panels that they selected and polled for their opinions.
Survey companies gather huge crowds of people, which then allows businesses to pay in order to access this crowd.
A small amount of the profit goes to each member of the survey panel.
However, often businesses want to ask questions of a certain group – such as asking mothers with new babies a question about diapers.
Companies like Global Test Market offer this service as well, using profile information and screening questions to select the relevant group to give their opinions and be rewarded for them.
If you happen to fall into that group, you can complete the survey.
If you do not fit the requirements, the survey will end and you will be directed to the next available survey.
- The Surveys. Surveys that you complete could have a direct impact on the products and brands you use every day. Occasionally, members are asked to provide their opinions on products that have not yet been released to the general public. Survey lengths are normally between 10-20 minutes, and 1 point equals approximately $0.05 – although this changes depending on the region. You will find surveys on a wide range of topics. A common type of survey asks about household products – for example, whether you recognize certain brands, what type of packaging you prefer, or how much you would be willing to pay for a certain product. The companies use the feedback you provide to make decisions about their products and services.
- Earning rewards. Aside from the opportunity to have your opinions heard, you really can earn real money from sites like Global Test Market. In 2014, they paid over $32 million USD worldwide to members. You are very unlikely to earn a large amount of money, but as a bit of extra cash for completing simple tasks in the comfort of your own home these sites are worth signing up for.
- Information security. You are not personally identifiable – Global Test Market is serious about privacy and only releases data that cannot be directly traced back to an individual. For example, the businesses who provide the survey might be able to tell from your responses that you are a 35-year-old male, but they cannot tell your name or contact details unless you provide them. Remember to read the privacy statement so you can be confident that your information is secure.
How to sign up
Signing up to Global Test Market is very simple – a few personal details, clicking on a link in a verification email – and then the account is completed, free of charge.
After the initial log-in, members are required to fill out their profile information in the form of short quizzes.
The more information you fill out, the more likely you are to be offered surveys that you meet the criteria for.
Be truthful with your answers – false information can be picked up and may result in you being banned and forfeiting your points.
Once you have completed your registration, you can begin taking surveys.
Surveys are found in categories, or are offered to you via email or the website.
After clicking on a survey, you will be asked to complete some screening questions to determine if you are a good fit for this particular survey.
Once again, be honest – you never know what the company might be looking for!
If you match the type of person the company wants to survey, you will be given your instructions and can complete the survey.
If you do not match what the company is looking for, you will be redirected to another page.
Having a complete profile will allow you to match extra categories and potentially access more surveys.
Are the Rewards Legit?
Does Global Test Market really pay?
They are making money from the businesses that need access to their database of members, and they need to pass on some of that reward to keep their members filling out surveys.
The companies have access to huge groups of people, Global Test Market get paid, and you earn points that are redeemable for real rewards.
But how does Global Test Market pay?
Surveys and profile information are completed in exchange for points.
These points add up, until they reach the minimum payout of 1200 points or $50.
Once you have reached that total, you can choose to continue accumulating in order to claim a larger prize, or to cash out.
Redeeming points can be done in a number of ways.
You can request a check or PayPal deposit to be made, allowing you to receive your earnings in cash.
There are many items and gift cards that you can also choose – Amazon, PayPal, Macy’s, Kohl’s and UNICEF charity donation are options listed on the Global Test Market website as some of the rewards available in the US.
There is also a sweepstakes that takes place, allowing lucky members to win large amounts of points to redeem as they see fit.
The sweepstakes is entered by completing surveys – the more you complete, the more entries you have.
However, it is worth noting that the availability of certain prizes and the amount of points required to cash out may differ depending on what country you come from.
The most common complaints are:
- People are expecting more money – they are the one who are most likely to label legitimate companies as “scams”.
- Being screened out of the survey pool after putting time and effort into a survey.
- People are claiming to be banned without notice, particularly once they near the amount of points required to cash out.
The positive reviews:
- There is a large number of people who are very happy with the site
- Many people have claimed rewards
- People consider it an opportunity to make their opinions heard by massive brands
From a company claiming 5.5 million members, a few complaints are to be expected.
I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to sign up and how many surveys were available to me.
Don’t let a few negative reviews put you off joining a great company.
How To Have A Good Experience
There are a number of simple things you can do to get the most out of the site, such as:
- Have realistic expectations. Surveys are not nearly a full-time job – they are better suited as something to do while you watch TV. You will not earn huge amounts of money, but if you stick with it you could earn some extra cash or prizes for very little effort.
- Read the FAQs and Terms and Conditions before signing up. Many people who are banned have not been complying with the rules.
- Have patience. Unfortunately, being denied a survey after completing screening questions is an annoying problem that is common to all survey sites. Try to answer honestly and if you are logged out, begin a new survey and keep going.
Global Test Market is a top-rated company with a high trust rating and a proven track record of paying members.
They accept members as young as 14, and offer surveys to people all across the globe.
Being such a large company with a strong presence in the online market research sector, they attract well-known clients and big brands.
This makes the surveys even more enjoyable to complete, as you are often answering questions about products you see on your local supermarket’s shelves.
This company comes highly recommended as a great way to start earning money online by completing surveys.
While many online money-making schemes turn out to be scams, Global Test Market delivers modest but real rewards for nothing more than voicing your thoughts.
Official site: www.globaltestmarket.com
- Is WordGigs Legit or a Scam? Read Our Full Review
- Is Big Spot Survey from TV a Scam?
- Mystery Shopping with Market Force
- This App Pays YOU to Download It (Plus 3 Others That Will Too!)
- 23 Best Paid Online Surveys for Canada Residents
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!