- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
MySurvey is a top-ranked survey site that offers real rewards for opinions.
But is MySurvey right for you?
MySurvey – Scam or Legit?
Whenever you consider signing up for an internet site, it is important to find out whether the site is safe or not.
Some key indicators that this website has to prove it is legit is a large body of members and a long history.
MySurvey is one of the oldest survey sites.
The parent company that led to the eventual creation of MySurvey began in 1946, where it received information from its members via post!
With the establishment of the website in 2001 and the eventual merge with Lightspeed Research, MySurvey is one of the most respected survey sites.
MySurvey boasts millions of members.
Unlike many other research panels, it accepts members from many different countries around the world and offers surveys in different languages.
MySurvey claims to have awarded more than USD $32 million to their worldwide members in 2014.
There are many people who have been with the company for 10 years or more and still take time to complete surveys.
MySurvey is a legit site that really will pay cash or rewards in exchange for your time.
Of course, like any survey site the earnings are not nearly enough to live on – anyone expecting to get rich by completing surveys is bound to be disappointed.
However, with a healthy expectation of the rewards you can achieve, combined with the willingness and commitment to complete surveys, members really can benefit from being a part of this global company.
How Does It Work?
Does my survey really work?
It absolutely does.
Businesses need to know what their buyers are thinking.
If a customer chooses another product over theirs, they need to know why.
But how can they find out? In the past, this was mostly done with small “focus groups”, but they couldn’t really provide the large-scale information that companies really need.
Businesses like MySurvey came to fill in the gap between businesses and the consumers.
You want certain things out of the products you buy, and those companies need to know what you want so they can sell it to you.
So, they pay a company like MySurvey to find out buyer preferences from a wide range of people, and use that information to make important decisions.
Aside from companies wanting to sell products, there are other uses for large panels of survey takers – judging public opinion on certain issues in society, determining cultural values, and many other group opinions can be discovered by offering surveys to a diverse group of people.
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
MySurvey then takes the money that the company pays them, and shares part of it with every member that takes part in giving their opinion on that product or service.
That’s where you can earn money.
The payment varies depending on the difficulty and length of the survey, and might seem small, but it adds up to gift cards and rewards – all for ticking some boxes while watching TV!
- MySurvey will pay cash or give rewards for filling in surveys
- You can choose to donate to charity
- Offers webcam surveys
- Product testing available
- Take surveys from your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Monthly Sweepstakes
- 1200 point ($10) minimum balance for redemption
To join MySurvey, simply click the link and follow the steps to register.
After giving your details, you will be asked to fill in some “lifestyle surveys”, to learn more about you.
Fill out your details honestly, so that you can be matched with the correct surveys – besides, incorrect information is a legitimate reason for MySurvey to cancel people’s accounts.
Once you have your profile active and all your information up-to-date, make sure you regularly check both your email inbox and the MySurvey site for survey opportunities and make the most of whatever is offered to maximize your potential to earn points.
Why do they want so much information?
When signing up for MySurvey, you will be asked to provide many details that might seem personal.
So why does MySurvey need all this information?
So, what do they do with it?
Your profile information helps put you into different demographics, which allows MySurvey to send you surveys that are relevant to you.
For example, a company might ask MySurvey to find out what kind of bread most 25-year-old women are likely to buy.
If you are a 40-year-old man, your opinion can’t be used in this instance, so you will be disqualified for the survey.
Sometimes, even when a survey is sent to you, you will still be disqualified after providing a few answers.
While sometimes frustrating, this is for the same reason – based on your answers, you do not fit the type of person the company is looking for in that instance.
Keep trying – with so many surveys available, MySurvey is bound to have something that you can complete.
They also award bonus sweepstakes entries even if you do not qualify. Feeling lucky?
How is My Information Used?
That being said, MySurvey is a safe site that is trusted by millions.
With MySurvey, the data is usually aggregated – that means that it is put into the pool with hundreds of other people, and not traceable to you.
So, for example, they might be able to see that an 18-year-old male in California prefers the blue packaging, but they have no way of knowing which 18-year-old male that might be, or any personal information about him.
However, be sure to actually read all instructions, policies and terms and conditions so that you know what you are signing up for.
How Am I Rewarded?
MySurvey offers points for surveys completed and for successful referrals.
Points have a value in either rewards or cash, depending on what you want and how many points you have to spend.
Instead of having a set value of points to dollars, MySurvey varies the exact value of points based on different categories.
So, for example;
- 1,100 points = $10 charity donation
- 1200 points = $10 PayPal
- 1800 Points = $15 Paypal
- 2400 Points = $20 Paypal
There is an 1100 point ($10) minimum balance required to redeem your rewards.
As you can see, the ratio of points to dollars’ changes depending on what you choose to redeem your points for.
This helps members get the best value for their points, instead of cashing out quickly into PayPal as soon as the minimum is reached.
It might not be quite as exciting as cash and prizes, but you are also rewarded by being part of the decision-making process for major brands, and may even have a chance to give feedback on products you personally use.
MySurvey often shares the results from the surveys they conduct, and you might even see the results from a survey you took part in being displayed on the news or in other media.
How Can I Earn Points?
There are a number of ways that you can earn points with MySurvey:
- Completing surveys. Surveys could be on a wide range of topics, and can be on buyer preferences, opinions about marketing and packaging decisions, your lifestyle – almost anything. By completing these surveys, you are contributing towards making a real difference to the products you use every day. MySurvey does not outsource its surveys, so you can rest assured that they will be well designed and easy to follow.
- Product testing. Almost everyone who completes paid surveys welcomes the chance to test products. Why wouldn’t you? Selected members are sent free products to try, in exchange for honest opinions about the product. You might find yourself testing products that aren’t even available in stores yet.
- Referrals. Members are able to refer family and friends by their email address, and then receive points for each successful sign-up.
- Sweepstakes. Every month, some members are randomly selected to win 10,000-point sweepstakes for being active members. That means keeping your information current and completing surveys. You earn sweepstakes entries by completing surveys, updating your lifestyle surveys, and even when you are disqualified from a survey.
Pros and Cons
The negatives first:
- Surveys sometimes don’t come as frequently as desired
- Not a “get rich quick” scheme
- Some surveys are quite long
- Minimum cash out amount
- Disqualification from surveys
Then the positives:
- Easy, quick and free sign up
- Lots of available surveys
- Monthly Sweepstakes
- Wide range of rewards
- Easy to use
- Available on computer, tablet or smartphone
- Product testing available
- Legitimate, respected company
There are mixed reviews about all survey sites.
There are some people who claim to have had negative experiences with MySurvey.
The most common complaints are from people who feel that they do not have enough surveys, from people whose accounts are closed down, and from people who like to call it a “scam”.
For a positive experience, the best thing you can do is read the FAQ section.
Most sites will be very open about the earning potential of the surveys, and there are many people who have not read or understood the rules and are therefore disappointed when they receive a negative consequence.
For example, points do expire after a year – so, while it would be very frustrating to lose hard-earned points, MySurvey very clearly states the expiry time.
MySurvey is not a scam, but being realistic about how much you will earn and sticking to the rules will help you get the best out of the site.
There are many people who have been with the company for a decade, and still cash out on gift cards or similar several times a year.
Getting the Most Out of MySurvey
The first, and possibly most important, is to complete every survey that you are given.
Even if you are disqualified, accept the Sweepstakes entries and try again with the next one.
Follow the email links, but also log in to the site as often as possible to see what is available.
Another important factor is your profile information and lifestyle surveys.
Be completely honest when completing them, as incorrect information is cause for your account to be shut down if you are found out.
It also lessens the chance of being disqualified, as you are most likely to be sent surveys that relate to you.
Keeping your profile up-to-date and accurate is the best way to keep the surveys coming.
Should You Join?
It is trustworthy, easy to use, and has many more survey opportunities than most other similar sites.
If you are looking for even more surveys than MySurvey has to offer, consider signing up to multiple sites to get the most available surveys possible.
However, MySurvey is a great place to begin, and with some dedication you are practically guaranteed rewards.
Official site: www.mysurvey.com
- TellWut Review
- Top 11 Legitimate Survey Panels That Actually Pay in 2019
- Opinion Place Online Surveys
- 10 Best Paid Online Focus Group Companies in 2018
- 23 Best Paid Online Surveys for Canada Residents
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!