Bright Hub is looking for talented writers to contribute to one of the fastest growing communities online. If you have something bright to say, say it here! – BrightHub.cm
BrightHub.com is a great place to earn money while writing online content from home. I have told you previously about some smaller paying jobs for newbies in the world of online content writing, like Textbrokers, Wordgigs, The Content Authority. If you have been working those for some time or have a naturally nice writing level, you should be checking into some decent paying jobs like BrightHub. Time to move up and promote yourself to the next level.
BrightHub pays $10 per article, plus 60% revenue share. The pay is once a month. There is also a $20 minimum pay out amount. All the writing completed in one month is paid the following month via PayPal. If you do not have $20 in your BrightHub account, the amount is carried over to the following month. BrightHub as several options available to choosing what to write: BrightHub has requested article topics, you can write what you please and submit for revenue share or you can suggest a title. These options allow for greater flexibility and keep most BrightHub writers out of the mundane boredom.
BrightHub has a simple hiring process. However, it does require some writing samples. If you do not have any samples, here are some of my tips for preparing yourself for BrightHub and most any other writing job that requires a fair level of writing skills and therefore a decent pay.
1. Look through the ‘channels’ or categories available at BrightHub. Find something you truly have interest in. You can add more channels after you start writing for BrightHub, but your initial channel will be what creates your first impression with BrightHub and BrightHub’s editors. So, choose something you are comfortable with and have some passion for.
2. Write something on that topic you are applying under at BrightHub. By now you should understand how to structure your writing and have a nice opening paragraph, a supportive body and a summary style closing paragraph.
3. Publish your personal article. If you are anxious to apply at BrightHub or any other writing company, I suggest publishing through a site like Bukisa. There, your work is immediately published and ready for public viewing and to be used as a sample writing at BrightHub. However, if you are not in any hurry and would like to make a couple of dollars for your sample work, publish through Associated Content. There, you can request an upfront payment and after a couple of week, Associated Content will reply to you with an offer (usually $2-10) for your article and once you accept they will pay it directly into your PayPal account within 1-2 days. Once your article is published, you can use as a sample writing for online writing companies like BrightHub.com.
4. With BrightHub, they require two writing samples, one that has been published and another as a file. Therefore, once again write a second article related to the topic at BrightHub. (these articles can be used again and again as sample writings to many other writing companies).
5. Apply and wait for a response. 🙂 Good Luck!
If you are applying for additional companies other than BrightHub, such as Demand Media Studios, WiseGeek, StarReviews or LoveToKnow (to name a few), you may also need a resume. While many do not necessarily expect formal experience, they will expect a well organized resume. If you do not have one, I suggest using a skills based resume format to better showcase your online working abilities.
There you are, ready to start making some real money with your writing skills at online content generating companies like BrightHub.com. There are many sites and companies looking for people to write online content for them. As I have said before, writing is a great way to secure any online work at home career. There is a constant need for writing, all subjects and topics need writing about, share your knowledge and passions and create a strong foundation for your home based work.