- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
Written By: Erica Martin
About two weeks ago, Miranda wrote a post about what to do when you just can’t seem to find the right job for you. She offered some practical tips, however I wanted to try to expand on that post and offer some ideas about how to find your passion. The steps that I’ll outline in this post were actually in another blog I read quite often, Writing 4 Effect. In the blog post on this blog, the writer discusses how her husband bought and read a book a while back that was about Condoleeza Rice, who was the Secretary of State during the George W. Bush administration. At a Boston College commencement in 2006, Ms. Rice shared her opinion on education and listed what she considered to be the five important responsibilities of educated people. The writer felt they could extend to people who want to achieve success in writing, but I think they can be taken further and also be used for people who want to find the right work from home position for them, whether it’s in writing or another field.
Find your Passion – The first step is to find your passion. What do you enjoy doing? List the things you enjoy doing, whether it’s writing, talking on the phone, or helping people find solutions to their problems. Then start looking for jobs where you can use one or more of these passions.
Use your reason – While passion is important, reason is equally as important. When you start looking at jobs, think about how much you want to make working from home, then find out how much you can reasonably expect to make at those jobs. Don’t go just on what’s advertised, use other resources available to you as well, such as websites like the Better Business Bureau, or message boards like Workplace Like Home or WAHM.com. If you’re looking for freelance work on sites like Elance or Odesk, you may also be able to look at feedback on the person or company looking for people, and find out things like if they’ve paid on time.
Cultivate humility – Sure, you may have had a lot of success in whatever work you’ve done before, but don’t let that success make you think you have any more to offer than another person. Show the person hiring for the job how your previous successes make you a perfect fit for this job. If the person hiring you thinks it’s right, you may get hired, if not you may need to try another approach, such as applying for a position that doesn’t center around just one skill.
Be Optimistic – This can be difficult if you’re having a hard time finding a job, but remember if you’re meant to do whatever it is you’re trying to do, it will work out in the end. Be optimistic and also be persistent.
Serve Others – This includes people like your loved ones, or maybe others in your community. You can also serve others by finding a way to gain more experience in whatever work you’re trying to do. I personally enjoy doing posts like these, because it allows me to gain experience doing something I love, which I hope will eventually lead to a freelance writing job somewhere down the road.
I hope this blog post, along with Miranda’s previous blog post, will help you find the perfect work from home job. Good luck!
- How to Find Guest Posters for Your Blog
- How To Find Work From Home Online
- I Just Can’t Find the Right Job For Me!
- How to Use Social Networking to Find Work from Home Jobs
- Places to Find Inspiration for Writing
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!