Getting Back Into Your Routine After Summer
Updated on: by Deb Knight
Written By Deb Knight:
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Summer is rapidly coming to an end, kids are going back to school and vacations are ending. If you are anything like me you have had a totally different schedule over the past couple of months and perhaps even dropped down to part-time hours to accommodate having the children home all day long. My biggest problem is getting back into the mode of working after vacation ends, it’s not easy to find the motivation to get back to work, so the question becomes “How do we do it?”
I realize that everyone is different and many find it easy to get back to work, but I am not one of those lucky people. I like my vacations and I like just being able to relax and hang with my kid all day. I find no greater joy than sharing his happiness by watching him do the things he loves and listening to his laughter. When I am working I can not give 100% of my attentions to that and I find that I begin to daydream and linger on those memories.
I need to a serious kick in the pants to get me back on track and back into what I like to call “work mode”. Work Mode is easy once I get back into it, it’s the getting there that I struggle with. [pullquote]Work Mode is easy once I get back into it, it’s the getting there that I struggle with.[/pullquote]
The way I do it is I take the time to research how much the future fun things are going to cost me. When I know how much money I need- I have a good reason to work. In our house my husband makes the living and I make the fun. That translates into, he pays the bills and I pay for all the fun stuff that we do as a family. If I don’t make the money then we don’t get to go play.
This past week we went to the beach for a family vacation, it was nice to get away and have fun without technology getting in the way. I’ll admit I did sacrifice some of my data on my phone to check into Facebook, but I did not work at all. It was a nice break and when we got back home I really struggled to get back into Work Mode.
I decided to research how much it’s going to cost to get my son geared up for snowboarding this coming winter. Now I have a list of everything I need to buy and how much it’s going to cost. I hung my list on the wall next to the computer and as I make the money to purchase the items I can cross them off the list. Now I have a goal and the only thing that will keep me from meeting that goal is myself.
Bottom line, you really have to set goals for yourself and it often helps to know what you are working for. Find your motivation and create the visual to help you. If you find yourself easily distracted then I would highly recommend you use an awesome tool I downloaded called Focus Booster– a great timer that allows you to set your work time and your break time. I use Focus Booster on a daily basis and couldn’t live without it.
- Hunching Over My Desk- Back Pain!
- Burned Out? Re-Gear and Get Back to Work!!
- Work from Home Desire? Going Back to School Could Help
- Get Money Back From Your Online Purchases With Paribus
- 4 Ways for Parents to Embrace The Summer Schedule Changes
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!