Written By Erica Martin:
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- iSurveyWorld:Earn cash for each survey you complete. Up to $70 per survey. Payments are sent via paypal. No hidden fees and completely free! Join iSurveyWorld And Get $5 Now!
- Survey2Cash:Get access to your paid surveys, clinical trial opportunities, and part- time work offers. Payments are sent via paypal or gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Survey2Cash Now!
I’ve held many different jobs over the eight years I’ve worked from home, but the work from home jobs that have provided most of my income during that time have been different types of phone jobs. In this post, I’ll discuss my top five favorite work from home phone jobs; most of these companies have been reviewed on this site or other work from home blogs, unfortunately there is one that no longer hires people to work from home- but there is a good alternative to people in certain areas.
West Corporation – This is the first company I worked for when I started working from home. I’m sure many of you are familiar with this company, but for those w ho aren’t, West Corporation takes inbound order entry calls for people ordering different products or information. When I worked for them, I took calls for companies such as Home Shopping Network, Pizza Hut and Direct Response (a company that takes calls for different infomercials that are shown on TV), however their client base has changed since then. In addition, when I worked for them I worked as an independent contractor; now they hire employees.
Westat – This company hires people to make outbound calls to people who have been selected to participate in different surveys. A lot of the surveys are done by different government agencies, but there are other types of surveys as well. I liked working for Westat because there was no selling involved; you just had to convince the person to stay on the line long enough to find out if they qualify for the survey, and then actually take the survey if they did qualify.
Sterling Testing Systems – This is the company I referred to earlier that no longer hires people to work from home. This was by far one of my favorite companies to work for because there was no selling involved. As an interviewer for Sterling, I called the human resources departments of different companies to verify employment, as well as schools to verify education, and personal references for people who had applied with different companies. Sterling’s goal was to get every file closed as quickly as possible, however this wasn’t always possible depending on the procedure of each company or school; some required releases to be faxed, others didn’t. Some would provide information over the phone, others would only provide it in writing. I had to keep my different files updated every day regarding the status of the verification. I got so good at the work that I did for Sterling, that they put me on a special team called the Rapid Response Team. From there I was actually able to start training new interviewers as well. As I mentioned previously though, after a few years, they stopped using people who worked from home. There is another company that hires independent contractors to work from home called USIS; however they only hire in certain areas of the country. You can check out the job listings on their web page if you’re interested in doing work like this.
Onpoint Advocacy – This company hires people to work on various grassroots political campaigns. When I worked for this company, I was calling senior citizens about a certain issue, finding out their stand on the issue, and then offering to write a letter to their Congressman if their views matched our client’s view. I would write the letter, and then copies were sent to the constituent, along with envelopes addressed to their senator and/or representative. I enjoyed working for this company because there was no selling involved, and the people that we called were in targeted groups that were usually already familiar with the issue we were calling about. One downside of working for Onpoint however is that the work is sporadic.
Apptical – This is the company I work for now. As an interviewer for Apptical, I primarily take inbound calls from insurance agents who want us to do interviews with their prospective clients and find out if they qualify for different life or health insurance products. However, there is also some outbound calling that needs to be done, because not all insurance agents can be with their clients when the interview is done. I enjoy the work I do for this company because most of the people that I talk to want to talk to me. However, because most of the people I talk to are senior citizens, some of them don’t remember applying for life insurance. So occasionally I’ll have to ask them questions to jog their memory, or if need be, contact the agent so they can contact the client and refresh their memory. I’m not sure if they’re hiring at this point, however if you’re interested in applying , you can put in your application on the Apptical Website.
- My Favorite Work at Home Jobs!
- My 10 Favorite Resources on My Work-at-Home Journey
- My Top Five Favorite Sources of Extra Income Online
- Top 14 Legitimate Work from Home Online Tech Support Jobs
- Top 6 Entry Level Medical Transcriptionist Work from Home Jobs
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!