Zirtual has *paused* their business. More info to come. – 08/2015
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale Research: Earn rewards by doing nothing more than sharing your experience of using the internet. Join Vindale Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
I have heard the word Zirtual muttered around the work at home world for quite some time. I am now heavily into virtual assisting and I got excited when I was asked to review the company.
Who is Zirtual?
Zirtual, based out of San Francisco, has a very interesting and exciting background. You can learn more about it in this article by the founder herself- Maren Kate. Zirtual was created with passion and a drive to help people. In fact, Zirtual’s self-proclaimed calling is to “save people’s most precious asset, their time”.
Zirtual hires virtual agents to work from home as professional assistants to take on tasks such as Scheduling, Research, Reservations and other projects that can be completed remotely and online.
What Would You Do?
Working for Zirtual is a little different than many of the other familiar sites online. In fact, when hired with Zirtual you are known as a ZA, which is short for Zirtual Assistant. You are expected to handle a variety of tasks. One day you might be booking a flight and the next you may be doing research. Really, you do not know what kind of task you will be doing. So, being flexible is probably an important trait to have when working at Zirtual as an assistant.
Taken from Zirtual’s website, this is what they expect from their ZA’s.
What we expect from a Zirtual Assistant:
- Prompt responses to clients’ questions and requests
- Internet savvy
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong internet research skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- A high-speed internet connection
- Solid phone access; landline or dependable cell phone
- Availability during working hours to respond to and engage with your clients
- Familiarity with standard assistant tools like Google docs, Gcal, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.
- Strong desire to help people and a positive attitude
Who does Zirtual serve?
The clients of Zirtual are unique in their own. Mostly they are successful individuals just looking for a little help from a ZA.
Pay at Zirtual
The pay range is not specifically shared on their website and is kept under a non-disclose agreement. However, during the application process Zirtual gives a hint when asking how many hours you are interested in working. The break down shows the pay may be around $12.5-15 an hour. If you would like to work 5-10 hours a week, they show you could make $250-500 a month. If you are looking for 30-40 hours a week then you can expect around $2500 a month.
Another website that listed a job opening at Zirtual showed a pay rate of $15 an hour with 10-20 hours per week.
Application Process at Zirtual
Applying to work for Zirtual is a pretty lengthy and in-depth process. Zirtual is very careful about who they hire and therefore, have a pretty unique hiring process.
You can begin the application process for Zirtual on their website by completing the online application.
Part of the application process asks if they can check your Facebook and LinkedIn account as verification! This makes me a little nervous, not that I have anything to hide. However, they use a third-part called Virtrue and claim you will receive a report that shows exactly what Zirtual finds out using this social background check program.
Considering we are living in a day of Social Media and this is an online, professional, job I personally can understand why they choose this method of verification.
If you do not like it whatsoever, Zirtual has made it optional and not required to apply. You can also do more research on the Virtrue program to ease your mind.
Once your application is submitted a Zirtual rep will review it and decide if you are what they may be interested in. I have seen in online forums that Zirtual may requre you to make a video of yourself answering some basic questions. The hiring process also includes a Skype Video Interview and a Skills Test.
What Others Are Saying about Zirtual
Not a whole lot. I am guessing only a small percentage of applicants are actually hired. Many people who like their job at Zirtual, are not going to break their non-disclosure agreement and therefore don’t talk about too many details of the job. However, there have been reports of a few who have made it through the hiring process and are happy with their job at Zirtual.
- Be a Virtual Assistant with Office 88
- eaHELP Hires Virtual Assistants
- Lifebushido – Part-Time Virtual Assistant- Part1
- Answer Questions as a Researcher for Wonder
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!