Paid online surveys are opportunities to earn money for your time and opinions – but it can be difficult to know which are the best options to sign up for.
There are common scams which charge people money to find them surveys to complete.
Survey Junkie operates under a similar system, but says it is completely free.
Is it legit, and is it worth signing up for?
What is Survey Junkie?
Survey Junkie is a legitimate and well-respected market research company. They have over 4,000,000 members, which is obviously a very respectable membership size.
Survey Junkie is a survey site that provides direct survey opportunities to its members. Their main purpose is to provide direct survey opportunities to their members and open that window of communication between consumers and brands.
They also allow members to sign up to certain third-party panels.
However this is just an extra opportunity for those who are interested. This service is provided at no charge to their members, meaning you can access a wide range of surveys in a single location.
Is It legit Or A Scam?
Survey Junkie is legit.
They are listed with the Better Business Bureau.
The BBB site says that Survey Junkie was incorporated in 2011, so they have had 6 years in business.
They currently have an A+ rating with the BBB, including a few complaints that were resolved to the satisfaction of the complainants – a great sign that the business listens and responds to its members.
There are many positive reviews of this company online. The website is featured on the popular online review site Trustpilot, where they have more than 3000 reviews and is one of the highest rated survey sites.
Who can join?
Survey Junkie members must be 18 years or older. They must also live in either the Unites States, Canada, and Australia.
Any countries outside of those mentioned will be region blocked.
- Easy sign-up. Sign up is free, and a very quick and simple process.
- A high number of surveys. Survey Junkie provides a single location to access surveys from many companies. There are many surveys available, and new opportunities are available daily.
- Curated surveys. You will be pre-selected for these surveys based on your demographics, which means there is less likely that you will be disqualified mid-survey. If you are disqualified, you will still earn a small number of points.
- Points. Survey Junkie awards points at a rate of 1,000 points for every $10 USD. Points are awarded immediately and can be redeemed immediately once the minimum is reached.
- Multiple devices. Surveys can be completed on multiple devices including laptops and tablets – however, smartphones can only be used to complete mobile-only surveys.
- Low payout threshold. Points are received automatically, and the minimum is only $10 before you are able to redeem them for a reward of your choice.
- Redemption options. Points can be redeemed on eGiftcards for U.S. residents, or PayPal deposits. There are no fees to redeem points. Rewards are sent immediately after redemption, so there is no lengthy wait on receiving your chosen reward. You can even earn points for surveys you don’t qualify for, which is different than many other sites.
- Great website. The website is easy and quick to navigate, with a simple interface that is designed to be user-friendly. The company offers excellent online support for its members, so if any issue does occur you would be able to talk to an employee and receive a quick response.
- Large survey inventory. They really have a lot of surveys available, I had a hard time going through all the ones available.
How To Sign Up
Signing up means filling in your name and details, and then confirming your email address.
After completing this process, I filled out the profiling questionnaire that fits the member into their demographic to help Survey Junkie understand what surveys will suit them best.
I was awarded 25 points on sign up, and then began taking surveys. Most were in the range of 20-200 points each, depending on the time they take and their difficulty and complexity.
After completing a few available surveys – I actually ran out! I assumed that with so many companies, there would be many surveys available but there definitely weren’t as many as I was hoping for.
However, if I refreshed the page or came back later, there were more options. I think the survey requirements must fill up really quickly – either that or I am in a common demographic. Checking frequently would remove this issue.
I never got the chance to participate but I heard a lot of good things about the focus groups. They are a good way to make money faster than with normal surveys.
I had no trouble with points being accredited to my account, and no problems redeeming them for a PayPal deposit – it was fast and simple.
To reach the minimum cash out value of $10, you will need 1,000 points.
You can redeem your points for a PayPal deposit – or, if you live in the U.S. you can choose from a range of eGIftCards. You will earn between 20-200 points for most surveys, so as long as there are surveys available it doesn’t take too long.
Your points will never expire as long as you keep your account active by taking at least one survey within a 12-month period.
Points should appear almost instantly, even if they are pending – and when you cash out, your deposit or eGIftCards should happen automatically as well.
If it’s been longer than 24 hours, get in touch with their (excellent) online customer support.
You can partially cash out your points if you select the eGIftCards option, but if you select PayPal you will need to cash in the whole amount.
So, if you had $25 worth of points and you wanted a $15 voucher plus a $10 PayPal deposit, select the eGIftCards first, and then redeem the rest via PayPal.
Pros and Cons
- Very attractive and professional website
- Easy to use
- Free to join
- Account credited almost instantly
- PayPal option for checkout
- Low minimum amount
- Varied surveys
- Partnerships with major companies.
- Not as many surveys available as expected
- The member might not get the best out of each site
- Limited to surveys (and the very rare focus groups and in-home testing)
There are common complaints to almost all survey companies. If I’m honest, I feel like most of the complaints made about legitimate sites could be avoided by reading the terms and conditions, and having realistic expectations.
However, when you are about to entrust a site with your personal information it is a good idea to review what other people say about their experiences there.
Spam email. Although there used to be many complaints about the high volume of email that members started to receive almost instantly, it appears that Survey Junkie has addressed the issue. I didn’t receive very much email at all. Remember to always have an email address dedicated only to survey sites so that your regular email address isn’t clogged up. You can change your email preferences in your account settings.
Accounts deleted. There are a number of reasons that someone’s account might be deleted, and it’s unfair to make a judgment without knowing the circumstances. However, the terms and conditions will tell you the reasons that Survey Junkie might delete a member’s account. If you feel that it was unfair, you can contact customer support.
Not receiving earnings. Some members say they never received their earnings. Survey Junkie says that if your points have not been credited to you after 24 hours, you should contact customer support. Mistakes do happen, so make sure you know what you are entitled to.
Should You Sign Up?
Survey Junkie has the same surveys available from the same top market research companies, but has done the hard work for you – at no cost to you.
While you will have many surveys available to you, you could also be lucky enough to be chosen for in-home product testing or a focus group.
This program is completely free, very trustworthy and has high ratings from neutral regulatory websites.
When you have earned points, they are accredited directly and immediately to your account.
If you are looking to earn some money from home taking advantage of market research opportunities, this website is a fantastic way to get access to many different websites at once.
Survey Junkie is highly recommended as a way to get rewarded for your thoughts and opinions from the comfort of your own home.
Official site: www.surveyjunkie.com