- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Companies want real, honest opinions from consumers and are willing to pay you for them.
Some survey websites offer excellent rewards and gifts, but if you’re looking to make cash from surveys, you’ll have to find survey for money websites.
Fortunately, there are plenty.
Some offer rewards to redeem for cash payments and others offer cash as a reward.
Either way, you’ll be making real money just by sharing your honest thoughts.
How to Make Real Money from Online Surveys?
Signing up for just one survey website isn’t likely to pay you a lot of money.
But, if you are diligent about answering daily surveys for multiple sites, you can make a decent part-time income.
The trick is to check your e-mail daily – preferably, multiple times per day – and respond to surveys shortly after they’re sent.
Many survey websites send out e-mails every time new surveys are available.
But, surveys can fill up quickly, especially the higher-paying ones.
Sign up for your favorite money survey websites from this list, test them out for a while, and see which ones pay you the best.
Not everyone will have the same experience with each website, as demographics play a huge role in qualifying you for surveys.
Stick with your top three to five choices and regularly respond to surveys from them.
Keep track of your account so you can cash out as soon as your cash out minimum has been reached.
Legit Online Survey Jobs That Pay Cash
The following websites all pay cash for surveys in the form of either PayPal (or another online payment service), check, direct deposit, or a prepaid debit card.
Many of them are based on reward points systems, but your points can be redeemed for cash.
Swagbucks offers several ways to earn money, like cash back shopping, referrals, playing games, and paid web searches. But taking surveys can earn you money fast if you check back daily for more. Each paid task earns you SwagBucks that you can redeem for PayPal, gift cards, and more. You’ll need 2,500 SwagBucks to earn $25 PayPal cash.
Vindale Research will give you $2 once you sign up to become a panelist. It offers cash for surveys and some surveys have as much as a $50 payout. You can redeem your earnings with a check or PayPal when you have a minimum of $50. Pays twice per month.
Inbox Dollars pays by Prepaid VISA after you have $30 in your account. In addition to surveys, you can earn money through paid videos, paid searches, paid games, and more. Regular members wait between 10 and 16 days for payments to process, but you can become a Gold Member after your first payment is processed and will receive payments faster.
Toluna allows you to be part of a bigger community where you can voice your opinions and even create your own opinion polls. When you take surveys, or refer your friends to Toluna, you’ll receive Toluna Points, which are redeemable via PayPal. Minimum points needed to exchange for PayPal is 90,000. You’ll receive 500 just for signing up.
Opinion Outpost pays for surveys with PayPal, Amazon gift cards, or iTunes gift cards, and gives its members a chance to win a $10,000 quarterly drawing. Must have 100 points, or $10, before cashing out with PayPal.
CashCrate pays once per month and offers several ways to make money in addition to surveys, like friend and family referrals, cash back for shopping, and playing games. Pays via check and even has a “Payment Wall” where you can post proof of your payment. Cash out minimum is $20.
When you take surveys with Global Test Market, you receive Market points, which are redeemable for PayPal and other rewards. You can earn up to $5 per survey.
You will earn reward points for completing surveys with Pinecone Research. This one pays via PayPal, check, or Prepaid VISA. Your first 300 points will be redeemed for a check to establish your account, after which your points will accumulate as usual. Minimum payout $1.
E-Poll Surveys pays via PayPal when you redeem your points for cash. You must have at least $5, or 3750 points, to cash out. Your points, however, increase in value as you accumulate them, so it’s best to save them up!
Panda Research (US, 18+)
You can earn money with Panda Research by taking paid surveys and completing offers. It also offers compensation from paid emails and friend referrals. Pays twice per month with PayPal.
MySurvey pays via PayPal or you can redeem points for gift cards. Must have 1,200 points, or $10, to cash out. You can also earn money through the Refer-A-Friend program, product testing, mobile surveys, and more.
Consumer Village (US, 18+)
Consumer Village surveys are usually short and easy, according to its members. You do not need to request your payment from Consumer Village. Instead, it will be sent to you via check as soon as you reach $5.
Crowdology (US and UK, 18+)
Earn between $0.40 and $10 per survey from Crowdology, and sometimes more for longer surveys. You can cash out with a minimum of $8 via PayPal. Crowdology offers extra money for referrals and has a drawing of $20 monthly for anyone who has completed a survey that month.
Directive Analytics Panel (Worldwide, 18+)
Directive Analytics Panel offers DirectPoints for completed surveys. You can redeem your DirectPoints via check by mail. Payments take about 6 to 8 weeks to receive. 100 DirectPoints equals $1.00.
Engage Studies (Worldwide, 18+)
Engage Studies offers surveys for consumers and medical professionals. You can receive between $50 and $250 for survey. Studies are not offered frequently, but pay is much higher per study than most. Pays via check.
ESearch (Worldwide, 18+)
ESearch offers cash incentives for each survey that pay via PayPal. You’ll be told how much you’re offered for the survey when you receive your invitation. Incentives usually range between $1 and $5.
HCD Surveys (US, 18+)
HCD Surveys rewards you with points per survey, with 100 points equaling $1. Surveys pay between $1 and $5 each. You must have at least 1,000 points ($10) before you can cash out via check, which takes about 6 to 8 weeks to receive.
Mindspay (US, 18+)
Mindspay pays solely through PayPal and you can cash out in multiples of $50. There is a 30 day wait period after submitting for payment to become eligible for the next pay period. Pays twice per month, on the 1st and 15th.
Mindswarms (Worldwide, 18+)
Mindswarms pays via PayPal automatically 24 hours after you complete a survey. You can complete new studies on your computer or via the Mindswarms mobile app. Mindswarms will e-mail you when new surveys are available.
My Opinion Now (US, 18+)
Collect RewardPoints for filling out surveys and referring friends to My Opinion Now. You can also earn 1,000 RewardPoints for signing up. 20,000 RewardPoints equals $20 and you can be paid by check in $20 increments.
National Consumer Panel (US, 18+)
National Consumer Panel, or NCP, is a different kind of survey website. Here, you’ll scan your receipts from purchases and answer questions about the items you bought. Pays via Prepaid VISA when you reach 8,000 points.
Paid Viewpoint (US and Canada, 18+)
Paid Viewpoint pays for surveys via PayPal and you can cash out once you’ve reached $15. Most payments are processed within 72 hours.
Parent Speak (US, 18+)
ParentSpeak offers parents a place to share their opinions with other parents through discussions, studies, surveys, and more. Most surveys pay $1 and ParentSpeak will increase payment for longer surveys with follow-up questions. Pays via check within about 4 weeks.
ProOpinion (US, 18+)
ProOpinion is geared toward business professionals who want to get paid to share their thoughts. ProOpinion sends e-mails to its panelists when new surveys are available. It pays via PayPal or gift cards, or you can choose to donate your earnings to the American Red Cross.
Survey Spot (USA, 18+)
Survey Spot automatically enters you in a drawing for $10,000 each time you complete a survey, plus you get paid per survey you complete. Survey Spot pays via PayPal, Amazon gift cards, and more.
More Survey Websites That Pay Money for Kids and Teens
The following survey websites will pay for kids and teens younger than 18 years.
FusionCash (US and Canada, 13+ with parental permission)
Receive a $5 bonus just for signing up for FusionCash. Once you receive $25 without bonus offers included, you can cash out via check, direct deposit, or PayPal. FusionCash also offers cash for paid tasks, shopping, web searches, and more.
Ipsos i-Say is one of the most popular survey-taking websites that pays points per survey, usually between 5 and 250. You need 1530 points, or $15 minimum, to cash out via PayPal or redeem for another prize, like a gift card or Prepaid VISA.
Springboard America (USA, 14+)
You can share your opinions on everything from household products to the media as a panelist for Springboard America. You earn Survey Dollars for each completed survey and can cash out with Paylution when you reach 50 Survey Dollars. With Paylution, you’ll be able to select either a check or virtual VISA as payment.
SurveySavvy (Worldwide, 13+)
SurveySavvy is one of the longest-running survey websites, founded in 1999. You can get paid for surveys and referrals via check once you receive at least $1. If you install SavvyConnect, a desktop application that allows your activity to be monitored for behavioral research, you automatically earn $5 per month and other VIP perks.
American Consumer Opinion gives points per survey which you can redeem for PayPal. You must reach a 1,000-point minimum to cash out. Screeners range from 5 to 50 points and surveys range from 100 to 5,000 points.
iPoll Surveys (Open to 32 countries, 13+)
You can redeem iPoll Survey points for PayPal, Amazon gift cards, and iTunes gift cards. Must have a minimum of $25 in your account to cash out.
OneOpinion (USA, Canada, and UK, 13+ with parental permission)
OneOpinion pays via PayPal or Prepaid VISA once you receive a minimum of 25,000 points, or $25, in your account. Some opportunities for product testing are also available through OneOpinion.
PanelPolls pays its panelists via check to take surveys or participate in focus groups. You’ll earn points to redeem as cash, where 1,000 points equals $1. PanelPolls is focused on families, to parents, teens, and kids can all join and share their opinions.
Kids Opinions (US, 6-14)
Kids Opinions is a part of Panel Polls, a survey community geared toward families. Through your account on Panel Polls, your child can share his or her views when you respond to kid-specific surveys by e-mail. Pays via check when you redeem your points. 1,000 points equals $1.
KidzEyes (US, 6-12)
KidzEyes is focused specifically on kids to learn their opinions on products and services for children. It may sometimes need the help of parents, too, who can respond to special surveys. KidzEyes pays with KidzPoints, which your child can redeem for a check once he’s reached at least 1,000 points.
Legerweb (Canada, 13+)
Legerweb is for Canadian residents. It pays out via check with a minimum of $20 and offers mobile surveys for convenience. You can also earn extra cash by referring your friends to sign up and take surveys.
Teen Eyes (13-18, US)
Teens can complete at least one survey per month for Teen Eyes, the older version of KidzEyes. Surveys will focus on products and services for teenagers. Once you reach 1,000 points, you can redeem them for a check in $5 increments.
YouGov (USA, 14+; UK, 16+)
YouGov pays you for taking its surveys with reward points, which you can redeem for prepaid gift cards, including a Prepaid VISA. The minimum points needed for a Prepaid VISA is 67,500, which will give you $50. Most surveys give between 500-1000 points.
Clear Voice pays you cash through Payoneer, a pre-paid card, once you’ve reached $10 in your account. You can continue to transfer your cash in increments of $10 to your Payoneer card after that.
Be Careful to Avoid Scams
Unfortunately, there are several websites looking to scam people who want to find genuine online survey jobs.
The ones listed above are legit survey-taking websites where you can make real cash.
But how can you spot the fakes?
If the website is asking for ANY money to sign up, be cautious.
You should not have to pay to become a member of a survey website.
All the ones on this list are completely free to become a member.
On the other hand, if the website is offering A LOT of money for a short survey, then it could be a scam as well.
Most legit survey websites do not offer a lot of money per survey, but when you complete surveys regularly, the money can add up.
The higher-paying surveys are typically studies that require a lot of time – hours, even – rather than 10 or 15 minutes.
Also, read the terms and conditions before filling out your information. Sometimes in the fine print, you’ll see that a “survey website” doesn’t provide the surveys at all.
Instead, it takes your information and signs you up for a ton of other survey companies that may be scams, or sells your information.
Make sure you know where your money is going before you fill anything out.
Finally, read about the rewards system. If it isn’t clearly defined on the website, it’s not a good sign.
You should know exactly how much you need before you can cash out and what types of rewards are offered.
If you can’t find out this information on the website, you’re probably better off looking elsewhere.
How to Make Real Money Taking Online Surveys?
There are normally several ways that sites will offer you opportunities to earn points.
Surveys can be emailed directly to you, but can also be available on the website if you log in regularly.
Most sites will give you a basic breakdown of the points you can earn, and an approximate time that it will take.
Some sites are better than others at estimating how long the survey will take – it’s always worth considering: Are the points I am receiving worth the effort, i.e. time, put in.
Once you find an available survey follow the link and start filling in the required information.
Almost all surveys will start with screening questions.
These are simply designed to check that you are from the correct demographic for the answers they need for their research.
Some legitimate websites do a better job than others at pre-screening you based on your profile information, so you are more likely to qualify for the surveys you receive invitations to join – it can be frustrating to complete many questions only to be told you do not qualify.
If you do qualify answer all questions honestly. This will help establish your reputation as a reliable source of good market research information.
The key is to work quickly but not rush – market research companies have ways of assessing as to it you are not giving the task the attention it requires, and you can be penalized for that. After all, everyone wants a good return on his or her investment.
Once the task is completed, double check that you have received the promised points (although some sites take a while to approve and release the points) and then… start the next one!
The Most Common Rewards Are:
- PayPal deposits
- Online vouchers
- Charity giving
- Sweepstakes entries
- Physical Vouchers or Checks
- Goods (such as electronics)
Rewards can help determine which site is right for you, based on your expectations and needs.
Do you love to give to charity, but find it hard to spare the cash?
Some sites will allow you to redeem your points as charitable donations, which allows you to help others.
Some sites have sweepstakes as a large part of their earning scheme – if you feel lucky, that might work for you.
If you prefer solid rewards in exchange for your time, you might look elsewhere.
The time it takes to redeem points is very often an important consideration as well – if you are saving for a special occasion (such as gift cards to give as Christmas or birthday gifts) you will need to be aware that some sites have processing times that can take weeks, whereas some offer almost instant payment.
There are a lot of aspects to take into consideration, but your time is valuable and deserves to be rewarded – so rewards should definitely be something you think about when deciding where, how and when to spend your time.
Other Ways to Earn
Not all of these earning options are available on each site, but some additional ways to earn might be:
- Shopping through links for cash back
- Redeeming coupons
- Using a company search engine
- Installing toolbars
- Referral programs for friends and family
- Playing games
- Watching videos
- Product testing
Tips For Getting The Most
- Think about what your end purpose is for earning rewards. Is it to go towards household expenses, or as an extra treat for you, friends or family? Could you use the gift cards as presents? Having an idea about what you want to achieve in advance helps motivate you to earn – and lets you make good decisions when it’s time to cash out.
- Create that dedicated email address. Signing up for market research companies can result in a lot of email. It shouldn’t be spam (meaning email you did not sign up to receive) but getting notifications for every survey from every website can be a lot of information. There are many online options like Gmail and Outlook that offer free email addresses that can be checked when you have time.
- Sign up to multiple sites. Some sites pay higher rates but have less surveys, some have frequent opportunities but less compensation. The key is to have a range of both! You will quickly learn what sites suit you best and are getting you the most rewards. Sign up to a range of recommended sites and then you can pick and choose the tasks that suit you.
- Be honest. Although it can be tempting to try to give the answers that you think might qualify you for more surveys, it literally pays to be honest. For example, if a company asks you if you suffer from chronic back pain – it could be someone wanting to sell a pain relief medication designed for back pain, or a sports product that would not work for someone with back pain. You can not guess what the best answer is! If you answer honestly, you are less likely to be barred and are providing quality information that might influence some branding decisions that you can be an effective contributor to.
- Keep your profile up to date. Getting exempted from surveys based on the initial questions is very frustrating, even for those sites that offer minimal compensation. Keeping your profile and demographic information up to date is the best defense against being sent surveys that aren’t relevant to you.
- Consider all your demographic information. Remember to include new life events – the birth of a child, a step up, or down, in income, earning a new level of education, or even owning a new pet can mean you receive more survey opportunities. You will often be asked to list your interests – make them as wide and diverse as you can, without being dishonest, so as to broaden your opportunities.
Tips for Maximizing Your Profit
- Make informed choices when redeeming points. Each site is different, but sometimes there is a difference in the redemption rate for gift vouchers and cash deposits, for example: Vouchers are often cheaper to buy, but they are only worth it if you usually spend money at that shop anyway.
- Points expire too. In most cases, points do have an expiry date, and although it rarely happens for “no reason”, accounts can and do get deleted. If there’s no real reason to wait for a large sum of points, consider regularly cashing out small amounts.
- Check emails at least daily. Surveys often close after the required number of participants is reached, and the best ones often have the most people anxious to apply. Keep up to date on surveys and fill them out as soon as possible to obtain the greatest benefits.
- Choose your surveys. If you have followed advice and signed up for multiple sites, you should have a variety of options to choose from. Of course they will not earn you millions, but some surveys are definitely worth more than others. Complete those surveys that give the best return first, and move on to others if you still have time.
- Spend gift vouchers. One of the most common reasons that people miss out on using their vouchers is that they forget to use them before they expire! Make a reminder and redeem them at the first opportunity to make sure your hard work doesn’t go to waste.
- Refer friends and family. Using reward vouchers as gifts is a good way to get the conversation started. If you do have people successfully sign up through your referral, some sites will actually give you a percentage of their earnings for as long as you are both signed up – that’s an amazing way to earn secure income.
- Set time aside. To make the most out of surveys, it does help to have a dedicated time each day where you can check emails and complete surveys. Ideally that will be while doing something else, so you can multitask. Watching television is always a great way to unwind while filling in surveys, as is listening to music.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Can I Expect To Earn?
It really does depend on how much effort you are willing to put in.
Some people make $250 a month relatively easily, whereas others quit within a month because they haven’t seen any return on their time investment.
Bottom line: You are in control, it is you who decides how much time you think is worth investing.
Do Some Sites Pay More Than Others?
The chances are that you will earn more if the survey takes a long time to complete, has more difficult or specific questions, requires further commitments, or demands that a very specific type of demographic takes part.
Sometimes companies are in a rush and so offer higher incentives to fulfill their quota sooner.
Surveys normally range in pay from 0.25 cents to $30 on completion.
Can I Really Get Cash And Vouchers For My Time?
Giving your time and opinions – as long as you choose trustworthy sites like the ones I have researched for you here – will see you earn good pay and/or valuable rewards. Just be sure to stick with it!
Keep your expectations realistic – remember this is supplementary income and will most likely not equal either fulltime or part time work levels of pay.
However, I do find that when I receive my cash or vouchers, I don’t think about how many surveys they are worth – I just go shopping!
The rewards are definitely worth the effort, especially if you use your spare time to get the work done, because what was wasted time is now actively used to your advantage.
So what are you waiting for?
Sign up and start earning… today!
Which sites are worth joining?
Not all market research companies are created equal, and these sites are the most likely to offer you higher paying tasks that will lead you on the path to greater rewards.
Real cash and rewards for giving some opinions in your spare time – it’s a really great swap!
Why don’t you sign up now, and start earning today!
- Are Paid Survey Sites Worth Your Time? Guest Post- Anna Thurman
- 17 of the Best Free Survey Sites in 2017 That Really Pay!
- TellWut Review
- Top 22 Legitimate Sites That Pay Cash For Writing Reviews Online
- 41 Best Online Sites That Pay You to Do Fun Things!
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada