Whether you are an experienced freelance travel writer with hundreds of published pieces or new to writing but have a passion for travel and exploring cultures, here are five companies that pay freelance writers to write, research and love traveling.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now Free $5
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
1. Matador Network
Matador Network hires contributors to write content that “speaks to the adventures, cultures, and identities of people around the world”. Matador pays per piece with an average of $20-25 and sometimes as much as $60 in special circumstances. Payout is once a month.
You can browse Matador Network to learn more about the style of writing and the type of articles they are interested in. If you feel you would be able to contribute to Matador then you will be asked to send in a draft following the author guidelines.
2. Plum Deluxe
Plum Deluxe is regularly looking for travel writer contributors as well as other life and style based articles. Although Plum Deluxe may not offer regular freelance income, it may be a good fit for your travel article ideas from time to time. Articles earn writers $30 each at Plum Deluxe. Specifically, they are looking for Weekend Getaway type of content.
Plum Deluxe accepts work from both new and experienced writers. However, you will need a sample article or profile.
3. The Expeditioner
The Expeditioner appeals to freelance writers who enjoy covering “top 10? pieces, location overviews, and long-form pieces”. Expeditioner simply wants the content to be interesting, informative and inspiring to future travelers.
The Expeditioner pays $30 per article after it is published and best of all, authors are able to include a personal bio piece below each article. This offers a great way to build your profile as a Freelance Travel Writer.
Travel Writers are often needed to join Tripbase. In addition to having a love of travel and the ability to write engaging content, Tripbase looks for freelance travel writers who also have an eye for quality images.
Tripbase offers work on a regular basis to their team of writers and pays $30 per article. This company offers a highly informative post titled “Breaking into Travel Writing” that gives advice and educates how to come out ahead in the competitive field of Travel Writing.
Unanchor offers a freelance job in travel writing that is not typical. Travel writers for Unanchor write travel itineraries that are sold on the site. The writer earns 75% of the revenue from sales. Becoming an Itinerary Writer for Unanchor seems pretty straight forward. The application process is short and simple. Browse Unanchor and request a sample itinerary to know what will be expected from travel writers.
Payments are made to writers once a month via your choice of either PayPal or Check.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
As a freelance writer, it will be of your best interest to work with several companies at a time to ensure a workflow. Best wishes to everyone who decides to submit applications and sample writing to any of the above 5 travel writing sites.
- 8 Ways to Get Started as a Freelance Writer
- Get Paid to Write Viral-Style Lifestyle Articles for TOOVIA
- 11 Online Writing Jobs for Beginners
- 7 Steps to a Freelance Career
- 5 Things to Know About the Freelance Writing World in 2012
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!