One of the regular contributors here at Work at Home Adventures, Erica Martin, has spoken a few times about one of her jobs as a phone agent with Apptical. It always intrigues me because I love anything non-sales (doesn’t non-sales equal non-stress? lol) ! I have never really known much about this company and after seeing how much Erica loves it, even listing it in her top five phone jobs, I decided I better study up! The first place I turned to learn about Apptical was RealWaystoEarnMoneyOnline.com, I knew I had seen a review of Apptical there in the past and figured I should check it out and refresh my memory. I will try not to just repeat everything she discussed but instead just layout the basics- only the need-to-know stuff, you can read her article for the details.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
Of course, we need to know what Apptical is and what kind of work they offer
Apptical has been around since 1988! Their start was in the banking industry, they made a change into the insurance field in 2002- where they are still focus today. Apptical has become a large success in the Insurance Field by providing innovative service to the Insurance industry with underwriting services and cost solutions.
What kind of Work at Home jobs does Apptical Offer?
Currently, as of the date of this post, Apptical lists a few different career opportunities on their site. Most fitting to the common WAHA reader is the Telephone Interviewer position. There are also administrative Support and Technology based openings- you can learn more about these by looking at the career page at Apptical. Our focus will remain on the Telephone Interviewer job.
What do Telephone Interviewers do?
First, it is important to make note that Apptical agents are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement and therefore a lot of the details are not openly shared.
Apptical Telephone Interviewers work directly with the insurance company and their applicants. It is preferred you have a medical background and if you are bilingual you have an upper-hand as well!
Erica, a current Apptical Agent explained her job in her recent post,
“As an interviewer for Apptical, I primarily take inbound calls from insurance agents who want us to do interviews with their prospective clients and find out if they qualify for different life or health insurance products. However, there is also some outbound calling that needs to be done, because not all insurance agents can be with their clients when the interview is done.”
How much do Interviewers Earn?
The non-disclosure agreement we discussed previously, prevents this information from being shared. But many people have slipped online and hinted as to what they make. The number I am going to share with you should be taken lightly, just as lightly as gossip…it could be exaggerated or changed from place to place, but in an attempt to give you a little background, one site- My Mom is a WAHM– shared a snippet of shared information that one agent claims to average around $14 an hour. I believe agents are paid a base per call and per minute rate and may also receive additional incentives. But again, this is all “a friend of a friend said her friend” type of information- take it that way!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What is the scheduling like at Apptical?
In the beginning stages of working with Apptical you will be given an opportunity to set your schedule. However, it is reported that this schedule is locked in and you are required to work it regularly! This is a serious work at home career! It does require your commitment and dedication! If day-to-day flexibility is important to you, I know ACD Direct is currently hiring, it is another non-sales phone job but it is flexible in the scheduling.
What is the Application Process like?
Seems the application process is pretty extensive. Apptical takes this seriously, so understand, this is a career, not just another way to make money. They have a low turn over rate because they make the necessary steps to only hire agents they believe will be successful. When you apply, you will take a test as part of the process.
If you are invited to go further, you will have to take an assessment test.
Assessment test can lead to an interview.
Interview could lead to a background check (THEY pay for it and there is NOT a credit check involved)
Background check can lead to being hired and going through the training phase- which is paid training and will teach you all you need to know, such as medical terminology.
What you will need to work with Apptical:
- High Speed Internet
- Land Line Phone and phone-line with no features (no caller ID, call waiting etc..)
- Bank Account to receive your direct deposited pay twice a month
- Entrepreneurial Attitude- a love of success
Apptical’s site is currently showing they are hiring, so if you are interested visit their website, learn more and apply!
- My Top Five Favorite Work from Home Phone Jobs
- XACT Telesolutions- Home Based Phone Job with Benefits!
- Non Phone Work at Home Job List
- Work Around Your Schedule with Alorica (West) at Home Flexible Phone Job
- Can I work a Phone Job with Young Kids at Home?
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!