- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Springboard America: A leading name in online panels pays money for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Springboard America Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Opinion World: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App and earn PayPal credit, gift cards and more! Join Opinion World Now
It is a difficult question to address as I don’t want to entirely discourage their work at home job hunt but it is extremely important they know the truth before making any life-altering changes. The answer to this question is both yes and no- let me explain.
The first thing to understand is the impact that working as an Independent Contractor rather than an Employee has to our work at home stability. Majority of the home based jobs hire independent contractors, which means the workers are essentially self-employed and contracted to the company to complete work. Usually this is beneficial because you have more flexibility and freedom. However, it can also mean the work is not completely reliable.
As an Employee the company is invested in their workers- they are paying higher taxes, often offering benefits and therefore usually (with some exceptions) provide a stable work schedule. With employee based jobs there is still the high risk of losing hours or the job- just as there is at working ANY job- at home or not.
If you are working as an Independent Contractor I cannot tell you how important it is that you keep other work options open. If you do not and you entirely rely on one job to pay your bills, there will come a time that you will be crying like a baby- just as I recently was.
We are living inside the world of technology. It is through technological advances that we have been given these opportunities to work at home. Technology is constantly changing. So are work at home jobs! Expect the companies to make changes that WILL affect you and WILL alter your routine! Whether you lose pay, lose work or even the job altogether, always be prepared!
Here is my suggested plan of action:
- Keep 2-3 good side jobs active that do not require a minimum amount of work but can be accessed in a moments notice. Suggestions: Merchant Circle, Yahoo Contributor Network, Fancy Hands and Textbroker.
- Keep Researching. Just because you found a good job for now, be ready that it will fall apart or change. You will be ready to act fast when the day comes and knowing where to turn is extremely important! You don’t have to apply now, but keep a couple of companies on the back of your mind.
- Never take your job for granted. As a work at home Independent Contractor your position most likely has a line of hundreds of applicants just waiting for you to drop out so they can take your place. If you are not working up to standards, no notice is required. You can be dropped and quickly forgotten.
- Yes- If you take the right precautions by not relying entirely on one job and keeping other options within arms reach.
- No- If you work as an Independent Contractor and have no plans to treat your work like a business and rely solely on one contractor.
- Q/A: Where can I find work from home that doesn’t involve the phone?
- Can I work a Phone Job with Young Kids at Home?
- 60 Work from Home Part Time and Full Time Night Shift Jobs
- Work at Home Companies Where You Can Use an Apple Computer
- Myth #2: “I Can Make $1000 a Month”
Join EarningStation, he highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. No hidden fees and completely free!