Capital One Pays Work at Home Agents $13/hr
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
If you enjoy working on the front line helping customers with their finances, then becoming a Customer Service Associate at Capital One may be the right direction for you. Customer Service Associates are hired to work from home. These positions are location based, which means positions may not always be available in all areas. while they are mostly available in Florida and Virginia, there are still openings in other states from time to time as well.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Customer Service Associate Position
These associates are responsible for taking inbound calls. These calls may require you to respond to questions from customers as well as manage their issues through one call resolution. Associates will advise customers on rewards services and loyalty.
How Much Do They Pay?
Glassdoor indicates that salary for customer service agents is around $27K each year. One individual reported making around $13 per hour. In addition, you may have the opportunity to earn a bonus – as high as $1,000 a month.
Does Capital One Offer Benefits?
Customer Service Associates are hired as employees and do receive benefits. Capital One offers extensive benefits that include 401(k), medical, dental, and vision. The type of benefits you receive may depend on your position and the amount of hours you work.
Is the Scheduling Flexible?
Hours are based on business needs (the customer service department if 24/7)
You will work 30 hours each week. You will be allowed to pick your own schedule, but once chosen, you will have a one year commitment of these hours.
What is Required to Work From Home?
A High School Diploma or GED equivalent, or Military Experience is required for this position. You will need to have t least 2 years of customer service experience and/or have worked from home for 6 months. A bachelor degree is preferred, but not required.
Be able to adapt to change
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
Able to work independently in a quiet work environment.
Proficient at multi-tasking
Have the ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time
Be able to troubleshoot computer simple issues
Be good at time management
High Speed Internet with hardwired connection
Landline phone (used only for customer service during work hours)
Private/low noise work environment
Application Process at Capital One
You will first want to complete a job search on Capital One’s career site.
Each position will have a link directing you to their online application.
If you are considered for the position, you will be asked to complete a call test. A mock call as well as multiple interviews will be given. (This can take up to several weeks)
What is Training Like?
Training is completed onsite, therefore, location is important. The training process takes 7 weeks. Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. This training is required before you will be allowed to begin work.
Onsite training only lasts a few days, additional training is concluded from your home.
Again, positions are mostly available in Florida and Virginia. However, Job postings for other states are available from time to time.
The Pros and Cons of Working for Capital One
- Career Development Opportunities: Capital One is a large and well-established company, providing potential opportunities for career growth and advancement within the organization. They offer various training and development programs to help employees enhance their skills and progress in their careers.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Capital One typically offers competitive compensation packages, including salary and benefits such as healthcare, retirement plans, and employee discounts. They may also provide performance-based bonuses or incentives.
- Learning Experience: Working as a Customer Service Associate at Capital One can provide valuable experience in customer service and problem-solving skills. Dealing with diverse customer inquiries and finding solutions can help develop communication, empathy, and conflict resolution abilities.
- Company Culture: Capital One is known for its inclusive and diverse company culture. They prioritize creating a positive and supportive work environment, fostering collaboration and teamwork. The company often emphasizes work-life balance and employee well-being.
- Opportunities for Skill Development: Customer Service Associates at Capital One may have access to training programs and resources that can enhance their skills and knowledge in areas such as customer service techniques, banking industry regulations, and technological tools.
- Demanding Workload: Customer Service roles often involve handling a high volume of customer inquiries, which can be demanding and fast-paced. Dealing with irate or dissatisfied customers may also add to the stress levels of the job.
- Challenging Customers: Interacting with customers who are upset, frustrated, or difficult can be emotionally draining and require strong patience and empathy skills.
- Shift Work and Scheduling: Customer service operations typically require flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. This may result in less predictable schedules and a need to adapt to changing shifts.
- Performance Expectations: Customer Service Associates are often expected to meet performance metrics, such as call handling times, customer satisfaction ratings, and sales targets. This can create pressure to consistently perform at high levels.
- Highly Regulated Industry: Working in the financial industry, specifically in customer service, may involve adhering to strict regulatory guidelines and compliance requirements. This can involve additional training and scrutiny to ensure adherence to legal and industry standards.
- 4+ Flower Companies Hiring Seasonal Work at Home Agents
- Blooms Today Hires Work at Home Agents
- NexusOp Work at Home Opportunity for Call Center Agents
- 13+ Work at Home Phone Jobs with Health Insurance
- MarketLinc- Work at Home Job Review
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!