- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
Day 3 of the Blogging 101 30 Day Series
I bet if you ask very many bloggers, one of their biggest regrets is their choice of domain name.
As a new blogger it is difficult to understand the importance of choosing the right domain. It is also hard to know exactly where your blog will go to understand the best way to incorporate all of the possibilities of your blog! For example, if you name your blog Mom of Triplet Babies and then five years later you are still blogging…well your triplets are not exactly babies anymore.
If you are new to blogging then here are some things to consider that I wish I would have thought more about:
Length of your domain name– Keep it short. Longer domains are very difficult to fit into graphics, say out loud to family and friends, to type out in passing through general conversation, and to remember!
Make it catchy– You remember blogs that have a meaning to their name or something that makes you stop and think about the name.
Not too catchy– be sure to still keep it simple and direct
Is not nearly the same as another blog!– My mistake here, I did not research my blog name– sorry to the lady who hopefully does not think I just outright stole her blog name!
Keywords?– If you know what your blog is about, then try incorporating a keyword or two into the domain name. This will help search engine users find your blog!
Domain name brainstorming tool:
When trying to find the perfect blog domain for you, I suggest taking some time to brainstorm.
GoDaddy.com has a great tool that lets you search a domain name idea you have to see if it is available and how much it is. It also gives you some suggestions if you look off to the right side of the results screen. Looking at the suggestions GoDaddy offers and combining them with your own ideas can bring you that perfect domain!
This is how I came up with a domain name I own: TheBloggingNerd.com. Which I really love!
Do I need a domain name if I am using Blogger? They give me one for free!
- If you use Bloggers’ free domain name and refuse to spend the $10 or so to buy a ‘REAL’ domain name- then your are mocking your own blog! I don’t think I could express any further the importance of buying your own domain name!!
- Using the free blog name that Blogger gives you lengthens your blog name as it adds a .blogspot.com to the end of it.
- You will automatically be penalized by Google and other Search Engines making it very difficult for search engine users to even find your blog!
- When the day comes that you realize I was right and you need your own domain, then you will be faced with a headache!You lose all of your backlinks. Which I know, is something you may not know much about now. But it is something you will take seriously at some point.
Backlinks are links around the web back to your blog. These are essential to any of the website ranking systems like Google PageRank, Alexa and more.
Changing your domain name will require you to start back from the beginning and will likely cause you to go back around the web and try to get all the links changed to your new domain name.Don’t let $10 for a domain name cause you such a headache! Trust me, it is well worth spending the $10. If your blog flops- then you are out ten bucks. At least you tried and took it seriously!
- How to Add your Domain Name to Blogger- Blogging 101 Series
- How to Buy Your Own Domain Name
- How to Write a Book Without Doing Much Writing
- Starting your Blogger Blog in 5 Simple Steps!
- Have You Considered Blogging?- Make Money With a Blog
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!