Online transcription work is one of the most common vocations for individuals wishing to transition to the work-at-home world. The work is relatively straight-forward, often interesting, and generally very flexible in terms of required working hours. The only drawback is that it is certainly not known for its lucrative pay. If you’re a transcriptionist sick of working to barely scrape by, take a look at 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP, a company promising it is one of the highest-paying transcription companies in the country.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
What is 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP?
1-888-TYPE-IT-UP is a transcription company that is fully U.S.-based. They value accuracy and efficiency in their transcription services and claim to be one of the highest-paying transcription companies for transcriptionists.
The transcription services they offer are extensive including audio, video, interview, focus groups, conference calls, and more. On top of this, they advertise more specialized transcription services such as closed captioning, and live note-taking. Moreover, the company boasts editing, proofreading, and copywriting as other areas for hire.
What is the role of a transcriptionist for 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP?
A transcriptionist for 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP is expected to complete transcription files in a fashion that is accurate, quick, and conforms to accepted style and formatting instructions. The nature of these files ranges from basic audio transcription to files such as interviews, or meetings.
What are the requirements for the position?
Though the company values previous transcription experience, they accept candidates without prior experience if they pass the transcription assessment. They value accuracy, reliability, and expect a detail-oriented individual who is able to adhere to style and formatting guidelines. They also have specific equipment and software requirements (see below). To be successful, you must be a self-driven worker able to stay on track with little to no supervision.
Is this a full-time or part-time opportunity?
They are not explicit in stating whether this position is a full-time or part-time opportunity. Other profiles online state that you are asked to complete at least one audio hour per week, and they ask you commit 4 – 8 hours of your week to transcription work for them.
What is the compensation?
Their full pay range is from $0.60/audio minute, or $36/audio hour, up to $3/minute, or $180/hour. The pay rate is different for each file and is set by the client’s budget and your past performance.
What is the frequency of compensation and how do you get paid?
As a transcriptionist at 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP, you are paid twice a month, on the 15th and the last day of the month, via PayPal. In order for this to be possible, transcriptionists are required to submit Net 10 invoices approximately 10 days prior to payment.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Do they offer raises?
They do not give raises to employees, but there are file-specific bonuses.
Do I need special equipment or software for the position?
Yes. The company asks that you possess headphones and a foot pedal. You are also required to have Express Scribe. The free version is accepted though you will receive more work if you have the full version as it is able to play video files.
Is this position open to international candidates?
This position is currently only open to American residents.
What is the application process?
To become a transcriptionist for 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP, fill in the online application. The application asks you basic information, experience with transcription and captioning, computer proficiency, and more.
A few weeks after submitting your application, you should receive an e-mail containing the short transcription test. Be sure to read the instructions carefully and ensure you take the test at the right time and place as they do not offer second attempts.
- Become a Transcriptionist with Transcribe
- Become a Transcriptionist with Rev
- SpeakWrite Review 2020: Work from Home as a Transcriptionist!
- Ways to Save Keystrokes When you Type
- How To Make Money as a Pink Zebra Consultant
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!