- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Have you ever been told that you are a “natural-born salesperson”?
Do you also enjoy delivering exceptional customer service?
Well, then becoming an appointment setter at The Newton Group might be the right work-at-home (WAH) opportunity for you.
What Exactly is The Newton Group?
Founded in 2003, the Newton Group is a marketing company headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Their mission is “uncovering new life” in companies wanting to increase their revenue while maximizing the efficiency of their sales and marketing teams. The term “uncovering new life” also refers to how they train their staff in helping them realize all they can be and how they can contribute to The Newton Group.
The Newton Group prides itself on never compromising on its seven core values:
What Types of WAH Jobs Are Available?
While there are other positions available within the company, the work-at-home position is the appointment setting position. Other jobs may be posted on their web site’s job board.
Please note that the appointment setting position is not like an appointment setting job at a doctor’s office. It is an actual way to find and generate leads for the sales team to contact. So if sales are not something that you enjoy, it would be best to stay away from this position.
What Are the Hours and Pay at The Newton Group?
After training, The Newton Group prefers that appointment setters work between 20 to 40 hours per week between the hours of 9 am to 9 pm in your time zone. The scheduling is flexible in that you choose your schedule- with a requirement to work at least 4 hours in a row on the days you commit to working.
The pay is hourly with bonuses, and while they do not post the pay, I am hearing from others that it between $15 to $17 an hour. Generally, agents are expected to make between 20 to 30 calls per hour.
Payday is every two weeks and is delivered via direct deposit or check. Direct deposit is preferred.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
Because the Newton Group prides itself on its ESA (Elite Sales Associates), they prefer that applicants have experience in:
- cold calling
- customer service
What Are the Computer/Home Office Requirements?
Once accepted, The Newton Group will supply the agent with access to the CRM web software to manage sales and lead generations. The Click-2-Call system is also part of the CRM software and similar to a predictive dialer for those agents who have worked in work-at-home call centers.
You must purchase your phone through The Newton Group. The phone reportedly costs $150 and you have the option to have the expense deducted from your check in two payments.
Now to be considered for the appointment setting job at The Newton Group, you must have the following:
Home Office Requirements:
- Quiet home office with no distractions
- Working computer system and printer
- Reliable high-speed Internet (cable or DSL required)
- Phone purchased through TNG Phone headset
Computer System Requirements:
- Computer: Intel or AMD Processor of 1.8Ghz or faster, with 512MB or more RAM
- Windows XP SP2 or higher; Mac OS X v10.5 or higher; Linux v2.6 or higher
- Firewall installed and operating
- Current anti-virus protection and spyware/malware detection
- Router (minimum of 4 ports)
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher; Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or higher; Google Chrome 6+
What is My Overall Impression of The Newton Group?
After reading several online testimonials from agents, who are actually working at The Newton Group, I would have to say that I am impressed with the company. Many agents refer to the company’s professionalism, teamwork, and good pay while still enjoying the flexibility of working from home. Many agents also mention how well they pay in comparison to other WAH call centers.
I also was impressed with how they consistently mention their core values and state their mission.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to The Newton Group?
Visit the Appointment Setter Job Description and Application page or send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to all who apply.
- Setting up the General Settings of WordPress- Blogging 101
- 30 Days of Prayer for The Right Job
- Review of the Kinzer Projects
- Work from Home as a UnitedHealth Group Medical Professional
- Rejected- Part of the Work at Home Process
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!