Televated is a work-at-home company located in Mountain Green, Utah that has been in business for 15 years. Televated offers outsourced call center solutions to small and mid-sized businesses throughout the United States. These services include inbound calling, outbound calling, live chat, and email response. They are categorized in what is referred to as BPO (Business Process Outsourcing).
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Springboard America: A leading name in online panels pays money for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Springboard America Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Opinion World: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App and earn PayPal credit, gift cards and more! Join Opinion World Now
Televated hires virtual assistants to work as independent contractors to provide these services to their clients. While Televated does serve a variety of clients and industries, it seems that many of them are in the higher education (college, university) profession.
What do Virtual Assistants who work for Televated do?
When you accept a position at Televated, you will be providing either inbound call services, outbound call services, live chat or email response. These positions may also include data entry work, surveys, and lead generation in addition to the time spent talking on the phone or answering email. Data entry can sometimes be a separate service too.
Anyone who has ever done phone work knows that it does require a certain amount of typing in addition to talking and building rapport with the customer.
Each program (client) works differently and with different requirements. Some of the programs require a sales quota (2 leads per hour) or metrics and some do not. Many times newly hired agents are given a choice between two clients.
Equipment Requirements for Televated?
You will need High-speed Internet and either Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista. You will also need a dedicated line and noise canceling headsets for your phone. Either a hardwired PC or laptop is fine.
You don’t want to have background noise. You will need an area of the house where you can close the door and work uninterrupted.
Televated does use a predictive dialing software (can’t mention it here), which doesn’t work for certain Comcast users. However, Televated can show you how to work around that or with a better solution. All of that will be covered in training.
No prior call center experience is necessary, but it is preferred.
What is the Schedule like at Televated?
Depending upon the calls and clients, the schedule will vary. Agents are not always allowed to pick their own schedules rather than they are assigned the schedule needed. For outbound the schedule is usually (not always) Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. MST or the evening shift is from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. MST. For inbound it will vary, but be close to these two schedules.
The pay averages around $8 an hour is paid by the minute and tracked to the nearest minute. There are incentives of $.50 an hour if your work all of your hours plus there are also incentives for most programs. Additional hours are also available on Saturday, if interested. Saturdays are not mandatory.
Training is unpaid time, and you are considered an independent contractor.
Join Opinion World #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App and earn PayPal credit, gift cards and more! No hidden fees and completely free!
The pay schedule is 5th and 20th of each month via PayPal. Obviously, if you don’t already have a PayPal account you will need to set one up.
My Overall Impression of Televated
I have heard from a few VAs on WAHM.com and WorkPlaceLikeHome.com who are enjoying the calls and have good things to say about the company and people. They said the calls weren’t “hard” and the programs with metrics were not unrealistic to reach. It was overall a “low stress” job.
One problem, which did come up, was agents were complaining about not getting paid on time. Televated did apologize for the inconvenience, since it had recently switched from mailing paper checks to paying with PayPal. I thought that was noble of Televated to apologize publicly and address the issue.
Televated also has an online presence at WorkPlaceLikeHome.com and seems very receptive to questions and complaints.
How to Apply
If Televated sounds like it could be a “fit” for you or one of your work-at-home colleagues, then send a resume to email@example.com. Currently, they are looking for outbound agents. You can also browse their web site to better understand the company and its mission statement. Their web site is www.televated.com.
Good luck to those of you who apply!
- Review of EBC
- A Review of ConnectandSell
- Review of People Calling People
- Review of ContractWorld
- Review of Ticket Puller
Join EarningStation, he highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. No hidden fees and completely free!