As I was looking around for transcription companies around the country, I found GMR Transcription to be an interesting place.
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
The site does well with offering legal transcription projects.
You could benefit from taking in one of these jobs but at the same time you should probably contact them for more information about what’s available.
Also, you’re more likely to enjoy working here if you understand medical terms and concepts.
About the Company
I saw that GMR Transcription is based out of Tustin, California.
The business is dedicated to helping people to transcribe all sorts of audio files.
They hire at least a hundred typists around the country so it’s clear that they are pretty selective in terms of who they hire.
I saw that most of the reviews people are leaving for this site are rather positive.
They love how the site offers plenty of flexibility and lots of different types of jobs.
I was pleased to see that this site offers so many choices for work.
An Interesting Discovery
I did find something rather interesting about GMR Transcription.
I found that it had two different FTC complaints against it in 2014.
Ironically, these FTC reports are the spots where I found a good deal of information about the company from.
Apparently the site has exposed the personal information on different consumers online.
This includes medical histories of people.
That is, the site has been found to have exposed many private details of people through transcription projects.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
As a result, the site has had to adjust its plans for how it offers transcription jobs.
I found this interesting in that it shows that the site does quite a bit of work with technical information on people.
The fact that such information has had to be censored with projects altered here and there only suggests that the site has had to make some changes.
I’d probably contact the site first to get information from it about the types of jobs you can get into.
This is just to ensure that you know what is expected of you here and that you’re not going to get into any kind of trouble.
What Types of Jobs Are There?
When I looked for information on the jobs at GMR, I noticed that there’s a good variety of options to choose from.
While at GMR, you can work with medical background tasks.
You’ll work on tasks that entail medical interviews and reports.
I assume that many confidential bits of information relating to identities have been censored, what with some FTC complaints from the past.
I’d recommend you take a look at how well you know your medical terms.
You’ll enjoy working here more if you understand such terms.
You won’t be likely to get lost when trying to work on a project here if you at least know what jobs are available.
You can also work in translation jobs.
Spanish is the most popular language that you can work with on this site although the place does offer plenty of other languages.
The good news is that you will have full control over the specific tasks that you will complete while working here.
How to Apply
If you’re going to apply for a position at GMR Transcription then you should know that it won’t be too hard to do if you simply take a look at the site.
You can apply through the site by preparing an appropriate application for the site.
You’ll have to get a Gmail or Facebook account so you can take the proper quiz for determining if you’re a good fit as well.
After completing the quiz and application, you will be subjected to a transcription test.
You’ll need to transcribe a brief entry to show how well you can complete a task.
It takes a bit for the task to be analyzed but it should not be all that hard to handle if used right.
What Will You Be Paid?
GMR Transcription doesn’t list information on how much it pays its employees.
I tried contacting them myself and even they wouldn’t say anything.
I could not even find any information on how you’d be paid or how you would get money off of a project.
They also say that you should get about four hours of audio work each month.
Fortunately, it’s easy to get there when you consider how much work is open.
The site’s setup for assigning tasks is easy to follow and offers a good variety of jobs for you to check out.
Also, you will be subjected to a probation period before you can actually get paid.
You have to complete at least two hours of work to get out of that period.
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
At this juncture, you are being placed under some extremely tight rules for how you are completing different forms of work.
Your work will be proofed properly to see if you’re actually doing everything like you are supposed to.
You’re definitely going to enjoy working for GMR Transcription if you work hard with an attention to detail in mind.
You’ll especially enjoy this if you know about the world of medical stuff.
Do be cautious though as you don’t want to bear with lots of complicated stuff or things that you clearly might not have much of an idea about how they work.
- Verbalink Work at Home Transcription Review
- Types of Work at Home Transcription Jobs
- Is Tigerfish a Good Place to Find Entry-Level Transcription Work?
- Work from Home with Transcription Hub – On Your Own Schedule
- TranscribeMe Review: Find Work at Home Transcription Jobs
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!