Quick on a keyboard? Enjoy the flexibility of working when you want? If this sounds like you, work-at-home employer, Transcription Hub, may be the perfect pick for your next remote position. Though quite similar to other work-at-home transcriptionist jobs, Transcription Hub offers a couple of perks not commonly found in these opportunities.
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- e-Poll: Take entertainment-related surveys and arn cash - paid via PayPal and gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers. Join e-Poll Now
What will I be transcribing?
The Transcription Hub website indicates that the company provides a variety of transcription services. These range from business-oriented (meetings, conferences, presentations), academic, medical, and even media (think movies and plays!). The website lists clients such as Hardvard University, Magazines.com, and Wikimedia Foundation.
A huge positive in this area is that you are allowed to reject a file if you do not feel you can do your best work on it, or are not interested in the subject matter.
Do I need to have previous experience?
Previous experience is not required to work for Transcription Hub. However, applicants must pass a qualifying exam.
How much will I be paid?
Compensation depends on how you fare during your evaluation (more on this below). Based on the accuracy and speed of your transcribing, you will be assigned to either the Gold, Silver, or Bronze level. Your rate per hour will be determined by the level to which you belong, with those in the Gold tier given the highest payment.
I spotted a blurb on their website, directed to clients, offering as low as $0.75/minute which is considered relatively low-paying. However, an applicant to the company revealed he read they charge as high as $2.75/minute (though no source was given with this information). If you are particularly speedy in your typing then, this could be a lucrative side gig.
Is it a full-time or part-time position?
Their hours of work operate a bit differently than the categories of full- or part-time. When you pass the evaluation process, you are given a maximum pickup limit, which depends on your availability. You can select as many files as your pickup limit allows but must return them completed within 24 hours lest you negate your compensation.
Do I need special software or equipment?
No additional software or equipment – besides a well-running computer, of course – is necessary, though a headset will definitely help your productivity as well as a transcription pedal, if you become serious about this as a career.
Do they offer benefits?
No benefits are mentioned.
What are the workers saying about it?
Though Transcription Hub has a lot of pluses to its name, the process of completing the evaluation is slow-moving, according to individuals who have applied.
Will I have to sign anything?
Yes. Transcription Hub requires you to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and contract upon hire.
I live outside of the States. Can I still apply?
Yes! International workers can definitely apply to work for Transcription Hub.
Easy Extra Cash! Join PointClub and get access to the best paid online survey opportunities. Take Online Surveys, Make Money, It's That Easy! No hidden fees and completely free!
How do I apply for Transcription Hub?
To work with Transcription Hub, you must first pass a qualifying test. The test examines your transcription speed and accuracy, and based on these figures, assigns you to a tier: Gold, Silver, or Bronze. Payment or jobs offered will be based on your ranking.
The evaluation involves you transcribing a file within 24 hours to be reviewed. Expect this step to take about 24 – 48 hours, at which point you will be notified by Transcription Hub if you passed and informing you of your ranking. At this time, you will have access to the Live Transcription Marketplace where you are able to select files to work on.
To begin your application, head over to the Registration page.
- Types of Work at Home Transcription Jobs
- Verbalink Work at Home Transcription Review
- My Guest Post: 4 Skills Needed for a Transcription Job
- TranscribeMe – Another Work From Home Transcription Company Great for Beginners
- Speechpad – Online Transcription Work
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!