- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Springboard America: A leading name in online panels pays money for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Springboard America Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Opinion World: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App and earn PayPal credit, gift cards and more! Join Opinion World Now
Transcription can be a great way to make extra money working from home, especially if you have a good ear and fast fingers.
There are several different types of transcription jobs that are available on the web, however; it’s important that you understand the differences, as well as know where to find these different types of transcription jobs.
This post will provide information on the four most popular types of transcription jobs, and where you can find them on the Web.
Medical transcription involves typing up doctors’ recorded notes for different things, such as office visits, surgeries, and other medical procedures. These typed up notes then become part of the patient’s medical record.
The format used for medical transcription can vary depending on the type of medical procedure, but since there’s only one person talking (the doctor), you never have to worry about labeling speakers – you just have to know the different parts of the transcript, such as the HPI (History of Present Illness), Previous Medical History, and the Treatment Plan, if there is one – the sections can vary depending on the type of medical file you’re transcribing.
Training and knowledge of medical terminology is required, and it can be difficult to get your foot in the door as a medical transcriptionist, especially if you want to work from home. A lot of medical transcription companies that hire people to work from home are looking for people who already have experience.
If you are a medical transcriptionist who is just starting out, sites where you may be able to find work include freelance sites like Freelancer or Upwork – always be sure to read the description before bidding on a project on these sites, and make sure the person posting the project isn’t looking specifically for people who are experienced in medical transcription.
General transcription covers a wide range of different types of transcripts, such as interviews, sermons, radio and TV shows, and group discussions. The format for these different transcripts also varies depending on the needs of the client.
For example, some clients will want speakers labeled, while others won’t, and clients who want the different speakers labeled will often tell you how they want them labeled.
Training may or may not be required, depending on the needs of the client. The good news is, it’s very easy to get experience in general transcription, because there are a lot of sites that will hire people to do general transcription with little or no experience.
These include Mturk, TranscribeMe, Scribie and Tigerfish. You can also look for general transcription jobs on sites like Freelancer or Upwork. Be aware however, that when you’re first starting out doing general transcription, you may not make a lot of money – as you get more experience however, you’ll be able to increase your earnings.
Reviews of General Transcription Companies at WAHAdventures.com:
Legal transcription involves transcribing legal proceedings , such as court cases and hearings. The format used for legal transcription can vary depending on the type of legal proceeding, as well as the needs of the client.
Training is usually required to become a legal transcriptionist, and just like with medical transcription, it can be difficult to find a legal transcription job from home once you finish your training. You can look for work from home legal transcription jobs on sites like Freelancer or Upwork and e-typist.com.
Captioning is a little different from other types of transcription – because you’re typing captions that appear on television shows so that hearing impaired people can tell what’s being said, you may not necessarily have to type full sentences. The format for captioning transcription can vary depending on the client. Sites that hire people to do captioning include Way with Words, CaptionMatrix, Vitac, and CaptionColorado. You may also be able to find captioning jobs on sites like Freelancer or Upwork is where I found my first captioning job.
Join Opinion World #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App and earn PayPal credit, gift cards and more! No hidden fees and completely free!
I hope this post has provided some information on the types of transcription jobs that are available to people who work from home.
No matter what type of transcription you do, you’ll definitely want to have a good headset, and a foot pedal is also recommended, especially if you’re typing longer transcriptions.
For longer transcriptions, I also highly recommend a program like Phrase Express, which allows you to create shortcuts for phrases you type often.
- Where to Find Work at Home Jobs in the Medical Field
- Verbalink Work at Home Transcription Review
- Work from Home Ideas for People in Different Professions
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- 11 Best Companies That Pay You for Legal Transcription Work from Home
Join EarningStation, he highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. No hidden fees and completely free!