Moms and Dads with young kids tend to be one of the largest groups in the market for work at home jobs. It sounds ideal initially. Parents can be home with their kids, enjoy all those important moments and spend quality time with them, while continuing to earn an income.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
The fact is, there are definitely advantages to working from home for moms with young kids, but there are some things that should be considered before choosing any particular way of making money from home.
1. Flexibility in Schedule
Many young moms are disappointed to learn that a lot of work at home jobs do not fit in with their mothering lifestyle. Some are actually quite strict when it comes to the times the work is completed. Those with young children at home need to be able to tend to them on demand, which can make working a set schedule very difficult.
There are plenty of work at home jobs with 8 to 5 schedules, but that is not necessarily the best time for a mom with young kids to work.
2. Flexibility in the Number of Hours Worked
Flexibility is key to any job, in more ways than one, when it comes to raising kids. Not only does the work schedule need to be flexible, but it is very helpful if the number of hours worked is flexible as well. For example, if a job allows for work to be done whenever it is convenient, but requires forty hours per week, it is going to be very difficult to keep up.
There is only so much time in a day, and the only thing that can go for many moms is sleep. That only works for so long before disaster strikes. It is much better if moms have some say over the number of hours they work in a week so that they can make time for doctor’s appointments, dentists appointments, sick kids, or just extra snuggle time.
3. Phone or Meeting Requirements
It is important when looking for work at home jobs, as a mom with young kids, that requirements for phone use or in-person meetings are considered. Some work at home jobs require the use of phones with little to no background noise or even occasional Skype or in-person meetings. Phone work may be an option if work times are flexible, as the work can be done when little ones are asleep. If there are friends or other options for occasional childcare, then meetings with employers in person may be possible from time to time. Just be sure to take the need for such requirements into account before accepting a position.
Most importantly, work at home jobs for moms and dads `with young kids do exist. If you think it is a good fit for your family then don’t give up searching. Watch the WAHA Job Board regularly and take the mentioned points into consideration. I would also suggest you look into this post about the 10 most recommended job types for parents with young children.
- Can I work a Phone Job with Young Kids at Home?
- Does Being a Work at Home Mom Mean Your Children are Neglected?
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- My Five Year Work at Home Anniversary
- How to Find Your Work at Home Groove
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!