Where to Find Work at Home Jobs in the Medical Field
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
I receive a lot of messages from people who are looking for work from home. It seems that a good number of the messages I receive are people who are interested in work at home jobs in the medical field.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
This is a large industry and there are many opportunities to be a part of it while having the flexibility and freedom of working from your home office.
Some common medical jobs which are often worked from home include medical coding, telephone triage for nurses and medical transcription. Of course, there are many other job types available to work from home in the medical field. Here are some great resources where you can find work at home jobs in the medical field.
Medical Transcription and Coding Jobs
Here are some great places to check if you are in search of a work at home job in Medical Transcription.
- Rat Race Rebellion has listed dozens of companies that hire medical transcriptionists and coders in their directory.
- Real Ways To Earn Money Online also has a directory where you can find a list of companies that hire work at home transcriptionists for the medical field and a list of medical jobs including medical coders.
- MTStars is an online forum that if often updated with current openings in the medical transcription field.
- MTJobs is a job board dedicated to Medical Transcription. Not all jobs listed are work from home- but many are, so look closely.
Work at Home Jobs for Nurses
As I round up work at home job leads each week, it is a very common thing to find companies seeking nurses to work from home. Usually the nurses work as hotline phone agents, or telephone triage, answering patient questions over the phone. There are, of course, other work at home jobs for nurses such as case management and medical reviewers. The following companies have often listed openings for nurses to work from home, most of which require you to be either an RN or an LPN:
- UnitedHealth Group
- The Hartford
If you have an expertise in anything- you can definitely make a living working from home as a writer. When you have a knowledge and experience in a subject that most others don’t- it increases your value as a writer tremendously. Here are a few places that have hired writers in the medical industry. These may give you a good place to start your search for work at home jobs in the medical field as a writer.
Work at Home Jobs for Pharmacists
It is pretty common to find work from home job openings for Pharmacy Careers. The following are places to check if you are in search of a work at home job in the medical field of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sales.
Working from home in the medical field most usually requires that you have had hands on experience in a doctors office, hospital or somewhere that qualifies you to have had experience in your industry. If you are currently working the medical health industry and looking to begin a work from home career, the above lists should is a useful guide to help your search begin. Don’t limit yourself to just those listed though- many companies also list their job openings on sites like Indeed and other popular job search engines.
- Search Indeed for Medical Work at Home Jobs
- Work from Home Ideas for People in Different Professions
- 5 Work at Home Opportunities in the Education Field
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- Types of Work at Home Transcription Jobs
- 10 Best Places to Find Remote Medical Billing and Coding Jobs
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Join Ipsos Now
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Click here to post a comment...
October 20, 2013 at 10:10 pm
Great info, Miranda! I know a lot of people do look for transcription jobs.
October 21, 2013 at 9:06 am
Thanks for sharing Miranda. Will share this blog post with my audience.
Sharon Lucille Johnson
December 11, 2019 at 1:20 am
I am an RN and retired Nurse practitioner. I prefer to work at home part-time, and have experience as a Nurse Anesthetist CRNA, Pediatrics, Critical Care, Triage call center and as a Legal Nurse Analyst/Consultant, Administrative Head Nurse PACU, Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Instructor and Adjunct Faculty for Physician Assistants.
I enjoy writing about my profession and have gained experience writing (not for profit) on QUORA/online.
What areas might work for me in sharing 50 years of experience, in the US and Third World Nations?