Become a Chat Agent at Site5
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Do you enjoy helping others and want to make each caller feel special?
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Are you looking for a chat job?
Then Site5 might be the place for you.
What Exactly is Site5?
Site5 is a web hosting company, which has been in business for over 10 years and currently hosts around 600,000 websites.
They hire remote chat agents to help website owners figure out their web hosting needs and problems. Some of the people you will be chatting with may already have web hosting, but not be happy with it, so you would need to inform them of what Site5 offers.
What Other Duties Will a Remote Chat Agent Be Doing at Site5?
Some of the other duties at Site5 will be:
- solving website errors
- investigating email errors
- field sales questions
- escalating issues
- answering questions via phone, chat or tickets
- working with the support manager on duty
What Are the Equipment/Computer Requirements?
You will need:
- reliable high-speed Internet.
- excellent written and spoken English.
- stellar customer service skills.
- 40 wpm typing speed.
What Are the Other Qualifications Will You Need to Be Considered?
Besides the equipment/computer requirements mentioned above, you will need:
- experience using cPanel or WHM.
- critical problem solving skills.
- an ability to multitask.
- general knowledge of the web hosting.
- knowledge of DNS records.
- knowledge of email services and how they work.
- knowledge of FTP and how to manage these file protocols.
- knowledge of WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento and others.
- previous live chat support experience.
- an excellent phone manner.
- sales experience with a proven track record.
- a commitment to a 15 to 20-hour workweek.
What Are the Workday and Schedule Like at Site5?
The hours can be either 10 a.m to 6 p.m. or 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. or any thing in between. These hours are in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee at Site5?
You are a part-time employee with up to 20 paid vacation days. Your benefits will include health/dental/vision insurance to US employees. If you are outside of the US, then that is paid as part of your package.
What is the Pay Like at Site5?
I wasn’t able to get exact figures, but it looks as though it may be $13 to $15 an hour to start. Also, there are pay raises as time progresses.
What is My Overall Impression of Site5?
They seem to offer quite a bit for a work-at-home job. If you are technically savvy and want to work overnight, then this is probably for you.
I do know that Site5 is a legitimate web hosting company.
Here are some pros and cons of this entity:
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- Technical Knowledge Growth: As a chat agent Site5, you’ll likely have opportunities to significantly increase your understanding of web hosting technologies and services. This knowledge can be highly valuable in the IT field.
- Customer Service Skills: This role requires frequent interaction with customers, allowing you to refine your customer service skills. In addition to enhancing your communication skills, this experience can make you better at problem-solving, empathy, and patience.
- Remote Work Opportunities: It provides flexibility in terms of where and sometimes even when you work.
- Potential for High-Stress Situations: Customer support roles can sometimes be stressful, especially if dealing with frustrated customers or complex technical problems.
- Inconsistent Work Schedule: Depending on the company’s operational hours, you may need to work in shifts, which could include nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Limited Career Advancement: While this depends on the company’s size and structure, some customer service roles can offer limited opportunities for career advancement.
How Can Someone Interested Apply to Site5?
Interested individuals may go to the web site and apply there.
Good luck to all who apply!
- Become a Chat Agent at Take2Telecom
- Become a Chat/Email Agent at Paperless Pipeline
- Earn $10 or More an Hour as a SiteStaff Chat Agent
- Chat Based Sales at Talk2Rep
- Enjoy a Chat Job at MyLivePro
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!